GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

With Koivu gone, who will get the "C" in Montreal?

+7
M_Christopher
LeCaptain
Cronie
Nasty Nas
Acrobat
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

Louie Leblanc? They already like him in Montreal.

But in all honesty, Gomez, Plekanec or Kostitsyn seem like the very likely choice.

Markov just comes across to much a silent player to be the leader in the fishbowl

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

well put. I forgot about Plekanec... That could be interesting.

Well, i'd say lapierre or tenderness, but they suck lol!

Hamrlik .... language barrier as well ....

hmmm, higgins oops he's gone lol ....

Plek, .... maybe ...

Jesus the canadiens suck !

The madness continues .... Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!Ahhhhh!

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Wow, the French thing is a real issue. Never thought about that.

If Gomez and Markov both can't speak French, then who does it fall to? Laraque? Sarcasm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Wow, the French thing is a real issue. Never thought about that.

If Gomez and Markov both can't speak French, then who does it fall to? Laraque? Sarcasm

Why, could Koivu speak French? Sarcasm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Wow, the French thing is a real issue. Never thought about that.

Yep, pretty sure.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Oh god, I forgot about Laraque.

Canadiens meet your new captain - George Laraque Laughing3

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

M_Christopher wrote:

Oh god, I forgot about Laraque.

Canadiens meet your new captain - George Laraque Laughing3

MTL fans can send their thank-yous to Rene Leveque and the PQ language police. Smile

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yep, pretty sure.

No, he could only speak English, Swedish, and Finnish, with very limited french. He was criticized by the media for that.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

Yup, way to trash the captain for only being able to speak 4 languages.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Yep, pretty sure.

No, he could only speak English, Swedish, and Finnish, with very limited french. He was criticized by the media for that.

Well, I remember hearing him speak in French, however limited, anyway. Since my own French sucks, I wouldn't have noticed if his was bad. Smile

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Well I got that from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Well, I remember hearing him speak in French, however limited, anyway. Since my own French sucks, I wouldn't have noticed if his was bad. Smile

Oh, I didn't realize that. I remember him being roundly criticized for not speaking French at one point. Perhaps he learned.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

There are plenty of French-speaking players there. Lapierre, Laraque, Weber (born in Switzerland), umm, PK, that guy they just drafted.

Holy freakin Plains of Abraham! What the heck happened in Montreal?!

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

The Montreal we have 2 or 3 Canadiens Razz

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:There are plenty of French-speaking players there. Lapierre, Laraque, Weber (born in Switzerland), umm, PK, that guy they just drafted.

Holy freakin Plains of Abraham! What the heck happened in Montreal?!

Unless Price turns into Georges Vezina, I don't think the Habs will be making the playoffs next season.

Nope...They're a bubble team, at best, and Gainey will probably be shown the door.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Habs will be an interesting team to watch. They seem to be following the Sabres play book on constructing a small fast team which had moderate success a few seasons ago.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum