GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

CapGeek: Rooney Recommends GREAT New Salary Cap Tool / Authority

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't know what thread to post this in, but...

Until Chip McCleary gets NHLSCAP.com re-designed and ready to go, here's a great new source:

http://www.capgeek.com/index.php

This source has the numbers for everything, even the smallest of minor-league signings. It's the first place to provide, for instance, Erik Karlsson's cap hit, which is pretty much right where I expected it to be ($1.3 mil).

It also allows you to do the math on every possible scenario, for your team or any other, and for any players. Never get busted for making speculative moves for your team because you haven't done the math. This thing does it for you. Enjoy!

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Wow, that's a really cool website... Thanks for posting!

EDIT: Holy Dynah, there is even a buyout calculator.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

They have a comprehensive FA list, too -- for both UFAs and RFAs -- that reflects the most recent signings. Totally up to date.

Still LOTS of players left... most of them useless, mind you.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder when the rumours of Jason Williams to the Sens will pick up again??

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Love this site. Should I sticky this? Diddle it, yes we should, for sure.

Gotta bookmark this. Thanks!

Very nice site. Me likey. :___:

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Salary Cap Tool? Did someone mention Glenn Sather?

I'm hear all night, try the veal. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i didn't think this question deserved its own, nor could I find the thread on Cap questions.

I have a question regarding the bonus cushion, hopefully someone can help me understand it better. How does it work exactly, if a team uses X amount of it this year, is that X amount then taken away from their cap next year?

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Bass Destruction wrote:Sorry to bring up an old thread, but i didn't think this question deserved its own, nor could I find the thread on Cap questions.

I have a question regarding the bonus cushion, hopefully someone can help me understand it better. How does it work exactly, if a team uses X amount of it this year, is that X amount then taken away from their cap next year?

Yes, as I understand it, if you use the bonus cushion for X amount of dollars, you are eating into next year's cap by X amount of dollars. At least for this year, anyway.

A couple of caveats:

1) This might well be the last year of the bonus cushion. You need an extended CBA in place (which we don't have at the moment) to have money carry over. In addition, GMs have expressed reservations about allowing this kind of thing.

2) I don't understand at all how the bonus cushion is formally invoked; I've been using that phrase 'invoking the bonus cushion' all summer long, but I don't know if it accurately describes what happens. Does a team get to decide on this issue, i.e., if they're under the cap? For instance: OTT is either $1.7 or $1.2 mil under the cap right now -- are they forced to use the bonus cushion, or is it something you opt into or out of based on your GM's choice? I've been assuming the latter, but I'm not 100% clear on that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A nice write-up on CapGeek and its creator over at PcukDaddy:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/How-Cap-Geek-turned-salary-pains-into-puckhead-a?urn=nhl,194730

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum