GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo

+7
ferret
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 pm

marakh wrote:Beckham is paid 50 MIllion every year for 5 years pplaying relax, so...

He makes $5 million base salary..the rest is contigent on merchandising.

17$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:They are estimating his salary should be around £140,000 weekly.

That's on top of the 80 million Euros they paid just to obtain his rights.
He was making £150,000 weekly with ManU (that's approx $15M US/year) with ManU before this. And that's base salary - not including bonuses. I'll bet he doubles that with Real.

I doubt it. That's astronomical. His actual base salary won't change much. It's the cut of the merchandising that he'll make the gravy on.

18$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm

asq2 wrote:Didn't Kaka just go to Real?

That's going to be one helluva mid-field.

I only liked Real when they had Zidane, though. Crying

Figo, Beckham, Zidane. Hard to top that.

19$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:00 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The FIFA body works so much differently than other multi-national sporting bodies. There are no trades between teams...rather loans and sales of players' rights.

For instance, you can loan a player for a certain amount of money and years to a team. Or you can sell his rights through a transfer agreement.

In the case of a Ronaldo transfer, it's almost worth it to Manchester United to let him go, because they rake in about $125-million in return, AND they open up a position to get someone else who might be able to fill his shoes.

20$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Real Madrid just paid €65M to AC Milan for Kaka's transfer and he's expected to make €10 million a year playing for Real.

They are, by far, the richest club in the world.

21$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:03 pm

shabbs wrote:Real Madrid just paid €65M to AC Milan for Kaka's transfer and he's expected to make €10 million a year playing for Real.

Ronaldo going over there from Man U will help widen the gap, but Man U was only about 20 million Euros behind Real in revenue as of February. Real at 351 million Euros. Man U at 324. Sickening. Worth though, according to Forbes, Man U is by a mile the more valuable as a whole.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/34/biz_soccer08_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

This is 2008 numbers, but the difference is over half a billion US.

22$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:04 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:
shabbs wrote:Real Madrid just paid €65M to AC Milan for Kaka's transfer and he's expected to make €10 million a year playing for Real.

Ronaldo going over there from Man U will help widen the gap, but Man U was only about 20 million Euros behind Real in revenue as of February. Real at 351 million Euros. Man U at 324. Sickening. Worth though, according to Forbes, Man U is by a mile the more valuable as a whole.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2008/34/biz_soccer08_Soccer-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

This is 2008 numbers, but the difference is over half a billion US.
Crazy money!

23$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Anyone interested in the numbers behind the game, specifically FIFA and the corruption over the years ought to check out the book, Foul:The Secret World of FIFA- Bribes, Vote Rigging and Ticket Scandals. It's a great read.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foul-Secret-Bribes-Rigging-Scandals/dp/0007208111

24$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:32 pm

ferret

Prospect
Prospect

Most football fans in England will be glad to see the back of him after his antics in getting an England player sent off in a world cup game against Portugal. 🇬🇬
I admit he is a class player and scored 42 goals in the english premiership last season, albeit plenty were penalty shots.
This season teams have worked out how to play against him a bit better and his goal tally was much lower.
Plus for me he still goes missing in the big matches!...did nothing for Portugal in last years European Championships and disappeared in the European Championship Final against Barcelona, the day after blaming team tactics as the problem for the defeat. Rolling Eyes
He will get more time and space on the ball in the spanish league though.

25$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:23 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i dont know much about the financial side that 131 million us that goes to the team that had ronaldo is that right?

26$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:25 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Yes... The money goes to his old team Man U.

27$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:12 am

ferret wrote:Most football fans in England will be glad to see the back of him after his antics in getting an England player sent off in a world cup game against Portugal. 🇬🇬
I admit he is a class player and scored 42 goals in the english premiership last season, albeit plenty were penalty shots.
This season teams have worked out how to play against him a bit better and his goal tally was much lower.
Plus for me he still goes missing in the big matches!...did nothing for Portugal in last years European Championships and disappeared in the European Championship Final against Barcelona, the day after blaming team tactics as the problem for the defeat. Rolling Eyes

Only 30 or so of his goals were league goals weren't they? I thought he had about a dozen in Champions League.

Don't forget, if Terry hadn't blown that penalty, Chelsea would have won the Champions league last season due to Ronaldo missing his first shot. Fate saved Ronaldo from inheriting Beckham's goat horns.

28$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:19 am

ferret

Prospect
Prospect

hemlock wrote:
ferret wrote:Most football fans in England will be glad to see the back of him after his antics in getting an England player sent off in a world cup game against Portugal. 🇬🇬

Only 30 or so of his goals were league goals weren't they? I thought he had about a dozen in Champions League.

Don't forget, if Terry hadn't blown that penalty, Chelsea would have won the Champions league last season due to Ronaldo missing his first shot. Fate saved Ronaldo from inheriting Beckham's goat horns.

Yes Hemlock your right, sorry my mistake 31 were league goals (cant seem to find the info on how many were penalty shots, but its a fair few from memory) and the rest were cup and champions league goals.
He scored 18 league goals this season, one behind Nicolas Anelka of Chelsea in the scoring charts.

29$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The GIFs tell the story.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/cristiano-ronaldo-portugal-sweden-world-cup-gifs/

30$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He appears to be a quality football striker type.

31$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:07 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:He appears to be a quality football striker type.
The way he can carry the ball with speed is pure magic.

32$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

monster of a player

33$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo - Page 2 Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:16 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Balotelli is better

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum