GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo

+7
ferret
PKC
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
asq2
Hockeyhero22000
shabbs
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:23 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Holy mother Diddle Dung.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/649085

ManU took a huge payment to set him free... He's now free to negotiate with Real Madrid.

WOW!

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

how do these kinds of transfers actually work i seen it about Kaka and zidan but i dont really understand what exactly is happening

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Didn't Kaka just go to Real?

That's going to be one helluva mid-field.

I only liked Real when they had Zidane, though. Crying

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

yeah he did real is starting to load up on top end talent

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:how do these kinds of transfers actually work i seen it about Kaka and zidan but i dont really understand what exactly is happening

Typically, players are not traded, rather bought/sold. Real is paying MUFC for the rights to Greasy.

shabbs wrote:Holy mother Diddle Dung.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/649085

ManU took a huge payment to set him free... He's now free to negotiate with Real Madrid.

WOW!

Doesn't surprise me at all. He's generally regarded as the best footballer in the world atm. He's won everything there is in the Premiership. Time to move on. Apparently, Sir Alex has his sights set on a young guy to replace (in a few years i imagine) Ronaldo.

Real will make that money back and then some just on merchandising Ronaldo.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That's a lotta linguisa.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:how do these kinds of transfers actually work i seen it about Kaka and zidan but i dont really understand what exactly is happening
I think they've essentially payed for his rights. They still have to agree to a contract, which will be insanely huge as well...

I can't believe the money some of these players make.

Boggles the mind.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

that is ridiculous

10$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:29 pm

They are estimating his salary should be around £140,000 weekly.

That's on top of the 80 million Euros they paid just to obtain his rights.

11$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

hemlock wrote:They are estimating his salary should be around £140,000 weekly.

He was making £150,000 weekly with ManU (that's approx $15M US/year) with ManU before this. And that's base salary - not including bonuses. I'll bet he doubles that with Real.

12$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Beckham is paid 50 MIllion every year for 5 years pplaying relax, so...

13$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:30 pm

marakh wrote:Beckham is paid 50 MIllion every year for 5 years pplaying relax, so...

He makes $5 million base salary..the rest is contigent on merchandising.

14$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:33 pm

shabbs wrote:
hemlock wrote:They are estimating his salary should be around £140,000 weekly.

He was making £150,000 weekly with ManU (that's approx $15M US/year) with ManU before this. And that's base salary - not including bonuses. I'll bet he doubles that with Real.

I doubt it. That's astronomical. His actual base salary won't change much. It's the cut of the merchandising that he'll make the gravy on.

15$131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Empty Re: $131M US Transfer Payment for Ronaldo Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 pm

asq2 wrote:Didn't Kaka just go to Real?

That's going to be one helluva mid-field.

I only liked Real when they had Zidane, though. Crying

Figo, Beckham, Zidane. Hard to top that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum