GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scrolling ad bar at the top...

+9
Riprock
Dezza
wprager
Mojo
SensFan71
Hockeyhero22000
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Oh my... not liking this one...

2Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.

3Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:20 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I love it!!!! I love you

4Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.
I'm not seeing any slow down...

5Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

the link to sens chirp isnt working either or i cant get it to work the rest do

6Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:25 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:the link to sens chirp isnt working either or i cant get it to work the rest do
Same for me... the ad image just before Sens Chirp is not showing up either... check it out:

Scrolling ad bar at the top... Banner10

7Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:26 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Actually, it's kind of neat. As for this BS happening with The Arsehole right now, it might take some time to digest.

8Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:27 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

its pretty slick, I must admit, haven't tried clicking any of the sites though yet.

9Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I don't know about this one. It's more distracting than useful.

10Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:33 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:Actually, it's kind of neat. As for this BS happening with The Arsehole right now, it might take some time to digest.
What?

11Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not sure about it either. It might be slowing things down a little.
I'm not seeing any slow down...

You incensitive clod, some of use don't have quad dual-core CPUs 🇬🇬

Scrolling ad bar at the top... 123730_106

That 87.88% periodically goes to 99%. Mind you, a half-gig VM size probably isn't helping much. I should shut down and install that extra gig of RAM I just got, although I don't think it will do much to remedy the current situation.

12Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:09 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:You incensitive clod, some of use don't have quad dual-core CPUs 🇬🇬
Hey... it's only a single dual core... with 3GB of memory. Video card has 512MB of memory too....

Smile

wprager wrote:That 87.88% periodically goes to 99%. Mind you, a half-gig VM size probably isn't helping much. I should shut down and install that extra gig of RAM I just got, although I don't think it will do much to remedy the current situation.
Half-gig VM? WOW. That is cutting it close... crank it man.

13Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I'm up to 2 gig RAM now (graphics card only has 128MB, but that should be enough).

The scrolling ads are still scrolling -- seems that AdBlock is confused.

The half-gig VM for Firefox is getting a little annoying. I do leave it on all the time, though, and there's got to be a memory leak somewhere. Probably the AcroRead plugin, or perhaps Flash.

The CPU is up to 99% for Firefox even now, just after a restart and with only 90MB in used memory (78MB VM). This is horrible for me.

14Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 pm

I am dizzy... no likey

15Scrolling ad bar at the top... Empty Re: Scrolling ad bar at the top... Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Well, I'm up to 2 gig RAM now (graphics card only has 128MB, but that should be enough).

The scrolling ads are still scrolling -- seems that AdBlock is confused.

The half-gig VM for Firefox is getting a little annoying. I do leave it on all the time, though, and there's got to be a memory leak somewhere. Probably the AcroRead plugin, or perhaps Flash.

The CPU is up to 99% for Firefox even now, just after a restart and with only 90MB in used memory (78MB VM). This is horrible for me.
That scrolling script may be causing issues...

Good thing you're not running Safari... that sucker regularly chews up 400-500MB on my system... mind you, I usually have 13-15 tabs open at a time... heh heh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum