GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET

+5
wprager
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

WHO WINS GAME SIX?

GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 4 Vote_lcap253%GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 53% [ 9 ]
GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 4 Vote_lcap247%GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 47% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

shabbs wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:How sweet would it be if Hossa scored in OT tonight.
It would be the ultimate insult to injury for the Pens, and the ultimate statement for Hossa.

Would help his cause too since he only has goals in 3 of his 21 playoffs this year.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

In the second stanza, Jordan Staal does it all.

The Pingus' persistence is met by the Wings' resistance, and we have a match filled with exciting instants.

:##: :##:

Great game!!!!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

24-12 after two periods. Ozzy is holding the fort.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Call it...Pingu Power.

GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 9, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET - Page 4 Pingu_13

On to Detroit...and GAME SEVEN!!!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I love it. We're going to Game Seven!

Biggest game of the season and Crosby/Malkin have a combined 3 shots on goal and a minus 1. Not good.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I love it. We're going to Game Seven!

Biggest game of the season and Crosby/Malkin have a combined 3 shots on goal and a minus 1. Not good.

Dude, try talking about Marian Hossa if you want to talk 'not good'.

Hossa had just one shot Tuesday. Through the first six games, he has no goals and three assists.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:I love it. We're going to Game Seven!

Dude, try talking about Marian Hossa if you want to talk 'not good'.

Hossa had just one shot Tuesday. Through the first six games, he has no goals and three assists.

Well, in his defense, he *is* playing for a new contract. :^^^^:

He's been assigned to cover Malkin's line, though, hasn't he? That's not really his forte, at least not yet. I'm beginning to sound like a Hossa apologist, which is not at all the case. I always liked Hossa but I was not shedding any tears when he was trade. I felt he was not a go-to player when the pressure was on. He never elevated his game in the playoffs (at least not with the Sens). Of course, he has to play better if he wants another shot at that much cash. But, perhaps, he is just a $5-6M player (adding a bit of a discount for the cap going down) and not a $7-8M player.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Malkin seemed to have a bad game last night - lots of turnovers and bad decisions as well as some time in the sin-bin...

Role players pulled it out last night...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Roll players have played a big factor in this series for sure. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader (sp), Kennedy, Talbot, Staal, Freakin' Scuderi?

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Roll players have played a big factor in this series for sure. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader (sp), Kennedy, Talbot, Staal, Freakin' Scuderi?

Scuderi certainly knew his role last night, and rolled with it. If the game had been on TSN, Scuderi would have been a monster, for sure. He saved 4 goals just in the high-lights package.

I have no idea why they (CBC) gave the 1st star to Kennedy -- was it for coming in early? Sure, he scored what turned out to be the eventual winner, but let's face it, he did very little work on that goal. Fedotenko made sure Lidstrom could not get to the puck (stick between the legs) and Talbot battled to get the puck loose and toward Kennedy, and that monkey boy gets all the credit.

Scuderi should have been first star. Fleury could easily have been a 2nd star, but I guess they had trouble placing him above Osgood. At the end of the day, he faced 26 shots and let in 1.

I see that the Mellon Arena three stars were Fleury, Kennedy and Staal. Well, at least CBC got Scuderi right.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Totally agree Pragues. Too much emphasis put on the game winner and the fact that Kennedy factored in on the first goal as well. By far Scuderi was the best player out there in game six.

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, anyone see the interview with Fleury after the game? I think he's "won his cup" already. He's so happy he didn't poop the bed in front of the home-town fans. He's got two days to re-focus, so there's still time, but if I was Bylsma, I'd be very, very worried after that interview. I'm not saying he shouldn't have cracked a smile, but game six *isn't* the trip to Disneyland. It's the last step before the real test and, frankly, I don't think Fleury knows that yet.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That doesn't bode well for the Pens for sure. I think the 2 days off will give Fleury time to settle down and re-focus though.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum