GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jack Johnson looking for over $5 million

+10
Phoenix30
asq2
Nasty Nas
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
rooneypoo
PKC
shabbs
wprager
Mojo
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

This is one of Garrioch's 'rumours'...what's his 'source'?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:This is one of Garrioch's 'rumours'...what's his 'source'?
A meatball sub.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

5 million dollars....

Leftie squirrel

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Phoenix30 wrote:Let him go to July 1 and see if he gets an RFA contract offer. If some GM is crazy enough to give him the money he wants then thank you I'll take your picks. LA has enough depth on D that Johnson could be replaced.

i agree with you phoenix let him go to the 1st no one is going to offer him a contract when he has been such a pain in the a$$ and the agent problems but maybe a little humiliation will make him think more about playing better hockey and upping his game to show that he is worth it...but until he proves his worth he is not going to be in the nhl

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Let him go to July 1 and see if he gets an RFA contract offer. If some GM is crazy enough to give him the money he wants then thank you I'll take your picks. LA has enough depth on D that Johnson could be replaced.

i agree with you phoenix let him go to the 1st no one is going to offer him a contract when he has been such a pain in the a$$ and the agent problems but maybe a little humiliation will make him think more about playing better hockey and upping his game to show that he is worth it...but until he proves his worth he is not going to be in the nhl

Me too, that is a fantastic idea. I hope LA stands up to him. I sick of young RFAs asking for the moon when they have yet to prove themselves.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On the other hand, you don't want to risk losing him to the KHL. Trade him while he's still has decent value.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He want's to be in the NHL... Apparently that KHL stuff was just to bump up his price.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:On the other hand, you don't want to risk losing him to the KHL. Trade him while he's still has decent value.

If he wants to go there as well then so be it. LA still owns his rights. Maybe he might wise up from the KHL culture shock. If he does well is stock rises further and if he goes in the tank then its because of the KHL. If he wants a 5+ million deal he can have it after he signs a 2 year deal at lot less and prove himself.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Rich Hammond (the Kings' "insider") dispels these latest rumours about JJ:

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2009/06/what-johnson-isnt-asking-for.html

Can't say I'm surprised...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It sounded a bit outrageous to me.