GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huge COL - STL trade: Johnson + McClement for Stewart and Shattenkirk

+7
rooneypoo
wprager
Riprock
jawal
stempniaksen
PTFlea
asq2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354489

The St. Louis Blues have traded Erik Johnson and Jay McClement to the Colorado Avalanche for Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk, according to J.P. Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

More to follow.

Holy Crow.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also includes St Louis's first-round pick going to Colorado and Colorado's 2nd round pick going back to St. Louis, I think.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

St Lou first round pick is top-10 protected. If it ends up in the top-10 then Col gets a 2012 pick instead.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, wow, wow, wow. That is Cussing amazingly huge. Potential for trade of the last 5 years right here.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

It's a risk by the Avalanche since EJ has taken a step back this year.

All that being said...Duchene, Stasny and E.Johnson is a heck of a future to build around and could become amazing for Colorado once they all develop to their fullest.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

stempniaksen wrote:It's a risk by the Avalanche since EJ has taken a step back this year.

All that being said...Duchene, Stasny and E.Johnson is a heck of a future to build around and could become amazing for Colorado once they all develop to their fullest.

Agreed. It also relies on Shattenkirk continuing his rapid development.

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Also, the Avalanche now have one of the best groups of centers in the league.

Stasny/Duchene/O'Reilly/McClement (who is extremely underrated)

They may also have one of the weakest groups of wingers though, lol

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Tough day for St. Louis d named Eric(k).

Brewer to TB
Johnson to Avs

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

stempniaksen wrote:Also, the Avalanche now have one of the best groups of centers in the league.

Stasny/Duchene/O'Reilly/McClement (who is extremely underrated)

They may also have one of the weakest groups of wingers though, lol

Kovalev Huge COL - STL trade: Johnson + McClement for Stewart and Shattenkirk 159628

But seriously, what a bizarre trade!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How do you even begin to analyze this trade? Too many moving pieces.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Curious that the team moving EJ has to send the 1st along with him. Guess he didn't carry quite the value in the eyes of GMs that you might of thought he did.

Good deal for both sides, I guess, but, as was said above, it doesn't leave STL with much by way of a D or COL with much by way of wingers.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stewart fell off lately....but holy poopschnitzel, this is a big trade. Can't wrap my head around it...nothing left for Deadline Day...can't breathe.....

tim1_2 wrote:Stewart fell off lately....but holy poopschnitzel, this is a big trade. Can't wrap my head around it...nothing left for Deadline Day...can't breathe.....

I was thinking that too, but as Eklund would say....DOMINOS!!!

I think DD will be busy, perhaps not as busy as previous years, but I think there will be more trades simply because there seems to be more buyers this year, and there are never a shortage of teams who look to shed a contract.

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

thats a crazy trade

hemlock wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Stewart fell off lately....but holy poopschnitzel, this is a big trade. Can't wrap my head around it...nothing left for Deadline Day...can't breathe.....

I was thinking that too, but as Eklund would say....DOMINOS!!!

I think DD will be busy, perhaps not as busy as previous years, but I think there will be more trades simply because there seems to be more buyers this year, and there are never a shortage of teams who look to shed a contract.

what am i busy doing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum