GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: SCP '09, TUESDAY JUNE 2, STANLEY CUP FINAL--DETROIT AT PITTSBURGH, 800 PM ET

+5
PTFlea
PKC
wprager
shabbs
davetherave
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If they lose tonight... I suspect we'll see Datsyuk and Draper in Game 4.

swales

Prospect
Prospect

shabbs wrote:If they lose tonight... I suspect we'll see Datsyuk and Draper in Game 4.

Agreed. They won't have a choice.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

swales wrote:
shabbs wrote:If they lose tonight... I suspect we'll see Datsyuk and Draper in Game 4.

Agreed. They won't have a choice.

I'm not 100% certain of that. If they lose both games in Pittsburgh they are still in command -- it becomes a best of three with home ice advantage. And as for any momentum, the return of Datsyuk and heading back to The Joe would certainly swing it around.

But, first thing is the game tonight. Win, and it's academic. Actually, if they win tonight, Datsyuk might still dress for game 4 because, I'm sure, if there is any chance of the Cup being presented, he'll want to be there and contributing.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way ratings over at NBC for the first two games of the SCF are up 17% over last year. Last year they started with games 3 and 4, so I am not totally surprised that ratings are better. Still, I guess it's better than nothing. The games, on average, got a 2.8 rating and a 5 share (that's 2.8% of all TVs, or 5% of all TVs that were on). By comparison, one of my favorite shows this past season, Terminator, began last year with an 11.1 rating and a 16 share, but lost half of that by its second episode. It didn't get much (any?) better from there. That 11.1 rating corresponded to 18.6 million viewers, so the 2.8 for the first two games works out to nearly 4.7 million people. Good thing that the SCF does not cost NBC nearly as much as Terminator did to FOX.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Draper may be in tonight...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/06/02/Cup-Injuries-0/

To replace Samuelsson.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why the hell is that game at 8? I've been ready since before supper!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

All of them are 8:00pm starts.

Thank you NBC.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:All of them are 8:00pm starts.

Thank you NBC.

Yeah, I pretty much assumed it was the NBC thing. Those affiliates have to have their 6PM news, then NBC has to have it's world news at 7, or are they still running Jeopardy?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NBC has "I'm a celebrity: get me out of here" at 8, at least according to zap2it.com. My guide didn't even have the Saturday game on the NBC channel (it may have been on).

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

zetterberg is going to be getting extra ice time to try and stay matched up against crosby

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No lineup changes for either team.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:zetterberg is going to be getting extra ice time to try and stay matched up against crosby
Crosby should be getting extra ice-time as well with last change...

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

what is with bylsma changing line combinations already crosby and geno started with guerin and now geno moved and kunitz there

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:what is with bylsma changing line combinations already crosby and geno started with guerin and now geno moved and kunitz there
Testing Babcock?

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

pens get the early goal from talbot

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

zetterberg ties it up after making a quick change to get on against crosby

PKC