GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen

+4
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
davetherave
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 8:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Magnitogorsk - rumoured to be a 2 year, 3.8 million per year deal.

What an awesome career for Fedorov. Simply amazing. :KKK:

2Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 8:40 pm

Sergei?

3Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 8:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Sergei?

Sorry, yeah, Sergei Fedorov. :^^^^:

4Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 8:51 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Heater, source of the rumour? Details?

5Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 8:52 pm

504Heater wrote:
The Guy With The Mustache wrote:Sergei?

Sorry, yeah, Sergei Fedorov. :^^^^:

Too bad, Sergei was one of my favourite players of all time, and a real gentleman. Gonna miss him.

6Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 9:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:Heater, source of the rumour? Details?

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/ntext/30/nl303453.html

This was translated by someone and posted on HF.

7Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 9:29 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Heater, can you post the translation for us?

Sport-Express, if you'll remember, also posted an article last season which was interpreted by some figures in the hockey media as suggesting Ilya Kovalchuk wanted to play for the Maple Leafs or Canadiens.

8Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 9:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dave, I thought you could read at least a little Russian. Here's the Gogle translation:
http://translate.google.ca/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sport-express.ru%2Fonline%2Fntext%2F30%2Fnl303453.html&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Basically it says that he will be signing a contract with Metallurg in the next couple of days. All the details have already been ironed out and it's a done-deal. It also mentions that his younger brother signed a contract with the team about a week ago.

9Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Mon May 25, 2009 10:10 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Montreal's Reseau Des Sports (RDS) has also posted this report about Fedorov wfrom Sport Express. Their version here:

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/275388.html

They suggest that Fedorov is 'about to sign a deal' for 3.8MM for two years which would re-unite him with his brother Fedor.

My question about seeing the translation posted on HF was to be able to compare their version with the original article in Russian.

If the report is indeed correct, one wonders if the brouhaha raised by the North American hockey media about supposed financial problems in the KHL is just that...brouhaha.

An interesting development for sure.

10Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Tue May 26, 2009 6:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I posted a link to Atlant's first game. It was not their home opener, but I believe the home team was also a Moscow club, Spartak or Dynamo. The arena was less than half full. And that was the opening game of the season. The financial problems are real.

Now, that said, the owners have plenty of money. A lot of them are billionnaires. Spending $50M per year on payroll is not a concern. But I do wonder what this league will look like in a year or two. That team way out East -- they can't do that. Imagine if they had just a single team out West in the NHL -- just Vancouver, with no teams in California, Arizona or Colorado. Nothing past Chicago. Now multiply that traveling distance (Chicago to Vancouver) by two -- that's a lot of traveling for half of that team's season games, and you can't split the schedule East/West because there's just that one team out there.

Anyhow, I would not at all be surprised to see that team gone. Maybe some other teams as well, if they cannot generate enought interest to fill at least half the arena. On the flip side, they could expand into European cities.

11Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:56 am

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

watching sportsnet this morning they just said that Fedorov has signed in the KHL

12Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:57 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:watching sportsnet this morning they just said that Fedorov has signed in the KHL

huge leadership gap in Washington now in terms of veterans, maybe Fedorov figured Ovie was ready to fly on his own.

13Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SensFan71 wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:watching sportsnet this morning they just said that Fedorov has signed in the KHL

huge leadership gap in Washington now in terms of veterans, maybe Fedorov figured Ovie was ready to fly on his own.

I think he's more than ready. And if he's dating Sharapova that's a big step away from supermodels or nameless ice bunnies. Not saying he's settling down to raise a family or anything, but Sharapova is an equal in terms of professional standing. In fact, she *has* won the biggest title in tennis, while he hasn't yet.

Will they finally give him the 'C' though? It's more than about time.

14Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:40 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, this sounds like a logical move for him. Ovie is doing fine and Fedorov probably wants to return home. Awesome career he's had so far, the NHL will miss him if he does go to the KHL.

15Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Empty Re: Fedorov to Russia - soon to happen Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:58 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, this sounds like a logical move for him. Ovie is doing fine and Fedorov probably wants to return home. Awesome career he's had so far, the NHL will miss him if he does go to the KHL.

This deal is done I believe...I posted that news on the Caps thread.

From Tarik Al-Bashir at the Washington Post:

Posted at 5:55 PM ET, 06/25/2009
Fedorov Deal Is Done (Updated)

I was just putting the finishing touches on my story for tomorrow's paper when I got a phone call from a team official, who informed me that the Caps were just told that the Sergei-Fedorov-to-Russia deal is only "90-percent done."
Not sure what exactly that means for Fedorov or the Caps. But things are certainly getting interesting on the eve of the NHL entry draft.
Update: A team spokesman just confirmed, after receiving a text message from Fedorov, that the veteran center is indeed going to Russia -- it's a done deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum