GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

A movie to poop your pants to!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A movie to poop your pants to! Empty A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 5:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Last night Mel and I watched a Spanish horror film called ".Rec". It has since been made into the American film Quarantine.

For the first half hour or so, I was sitting there kind of 'ho hum', but as the film gets going, you're gonna poop your pantaloons.

There are several scenes where I was kicking my legs to get away from the 'monster' - or recoiling in fear at a sudden shock.

But it wasn't until the ending that this movie turned into a five alarm pants wetter. And I thought it was just me because these movies tend to freak me out, but I checked IMDB and the only other film that people equate the fear factor of the ending to is the Exorcist and Alien.

Very freaky business. Scared

2A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I will have to check it out. I watched Quarantine and thought it was horrible. Why does Hollywood bother remaking foreign films only to make them into Hollywood mass market crap. (Did I just answer my own question ?!? Laughing3)

3A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 6:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

ElliottRules wrote:I will have to check it out. I watched Quarantine and thought it was horrible. Why does Hollywood bother remaking foreign films only to make them into Hollywood mass market crap. (Did I just answer my own question ?!? Laughing3)

Yeah, I'm curious to see what they did with Quarantine, but I was reading the IMDB posts and there seems to be no competition between the two.

4A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 8:49 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Rec is great (which by the way heater, keep your eyes peeled for the sequel oming in a few months).

As for foreign films being remade, I'm sick and tired of ALL remakes, not to mention my favorite director has TWO of his films up for remakes which makes me want to puke, and they are Scanners and Videodrome...

For movies to REALLY poop your pants too, and FANTASTIC foreign films for that matter, I HIGHLY recommend "Martyrs", "Inside" and "Irréversible." Trust me, you'll NEVER be the same after watching those.

5A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 9:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dude...I'lll never, ever, ever get over Irreversible. Ever.

I tried to get to the remote, but I was frozen in horror. I watched the full 8 minute **** scene with my mouth agape.

I can't do anything like that ever again. I may have yacked to be honest.

6A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:Dude...I'lll never, ever, ever get over Irreversible. Ever.

I tried to get to the remote, but I was frozen in horror. I watched the full 8 minute **** scene with my mouth agape.

confused

7A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 9:35 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Cronie wrote:As for foreign films being remade, I'm sick and tired of ALL remakes, not to mention my favorite director has TWO of his films up for remakes which makes me want to puke, and they are Scanners and Videodrome.

I am big Cronenberg fan too. I can't believe that Hollywood or any director for that matter feels that should be able to tamper with perfection. Tantrum I don't think there is any chance of them remaking The Brood (not a box office success from what I remember) so I guess that is something I can be happy about.

8A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Mon May 11, 2009 11:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:

confused

:^^^^: Cronie will know what I mean. The movie is told backwards, but in the middle is an eight minute rape scene that is absolutely horrific. Eight minutes...and the two actors were husband and wife (Vincent Casel and Monica Belluci (sps) so it was real. Most unbelievably gruesome scene I can ever remember seeing.

I know what Cronie's going for though, there's a pretty crazy scene at the beginning where the lead guy crushes a guy's face with a mallet.

It's certainly dark and disturbing. Puking2

9A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Tue May 12, 2009 5:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Part of me wants to find it to watch it, another part is afraid to.

10A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Wed May 13, 2009 9:26 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

confused

:^^^^: Cronie will know what I mean. The movie is told backwards, but in the middle is an eight minute rape scene that is absolutely horrific. Eight minutes...and the two actors were husband and wife (Vincent Casel and Monica Belluci (sps) so it was real. Most unbelievably gruesome scene I can ever remember seeing.

I know what Cronie's going for though, there's a pretty crazy scene at the beginning where the lead guy crushes a guy's face with a mallet.

It's certainly dark and disturbing. Puking2

I adored Irreversible, and quite frankly the director, Up and comer Gaspar Noé, despite being labeled an nihilist, his films have so many undertones and palpable overtones that you must watch his films at least a dozen times to pick up on subtle nuances you may have missed (much like Lynch and Cronenberg in my view).

Irreversible is a difficult film to watch and that 8 minute rape scene is incredible raw and brutal and quite frankly, it should be. I'm sick and tired of hollywood even DARING to glamorize rape, so yeah, my best friend and I had SERIOUS issues watching it, but we both agreed (and he's a film student) that to do such a scene right, it should make you want to retch. That movie speaks volumes about human nature and the foreboding violence and raw emotions that lurk deep within and how quickly and sometimes easily they can seek an exit to run rampant.

Elliotrules: I ADORE The Brood and quite frankly, I highly doubt that or Dead Ringers for instance will ever be looked at for remake... at least they better not... 🇬🇬

EDIT: oh and Heater, probably the two most realistic and raw sexual scenes I've ever witnessed (and thus still have difficulty sitting through without taking a break or 4 is Irreversible and Meir Zachi's "I Spit On Your Grave."

11A movie to poop your pants to! Empty Re: A movie to poop your pants to! Wed May 13, 2009 10:28 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I believe it, it was crazy intense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum