GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spielberg gets freaked out by new movie - leaves halfway through

+10
SDH89
Jordo
PKC
TheAvatar
wprager
SensFan71
SensGirl11
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=59151

The preview audience also was shocked by this. Looks like they might have a mild (to large) hit on their hands.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Blair Witch revisited?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Blair Witch revisited?

Yeah, this seems like a tremendous viral advertising campaign like Blair.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Blair Witch revisited?

"Clever" hype, I guess.

Spielberg is a jerk. He expects people to sit through 90 minutes of Dennis Weaver driving a Dung Plymouth Valiant, but he can't even sit through this?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The only movie that I can recall "jumping" at was "What Lies Beneath".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161081/

Saw it in the theater and I remember people in the audience yelling and screaming out loud. It was pretty good.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

DUDE!! The sound isn't working on my computer, but it doesn't matter, that looks freakishly freaky! I love horrors, but I'm not sure if I would be able to handle this one.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I see no mention of Spielberg walking out of this movie? More fake hype?

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

I think this looks freaking awesome, hope they bring this out to NB.

Edit: 129 people have demanded it for Moncton, NB, I hope that number grows.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:I see no mention of Spielberg walking out of this movie? More fake hype?

Huh, I thought it would be in there:

It's been an interesting road to theaters for the film, which was shot over the course of a week three years ago by Israeli video game designer Oren Peli. Total cost: $15,000. The Los Angeles Times reports this weekend that DreamWorks decided to to distribute the film after Steven Spielberg
watched it and had the hell scared out of him.

Now the film resides at Paramount, which is understandably a bit nervous about putting it on 3,000 screens. There's no name involved, and horror movies - even good ones - can be incredibly hit and miss. Case in point: Grace had people fainting at Sundance, which you'd think would be the best marketing ever for a horror movie. And it never made it into theaters. OK, it made it to two theaters.

So it takes more than scaring the bejesus out of Steven Spielberg to make a movie hit with an audience. The trailer is great, this new scheme of releasing the film to college crowds could build some buzz before a wider release next month, and maybe audiences will be so sick of Saw that they give this possessed house flick a little attnetion in the witching season.

"The movie could be stratospheric, or it could just become a cult favorite," says international sales agent Stuart Ford, who successfully pitched the movie to over four dozen foreign distributors. "It just depends on whether the studio can catch a wave."

http://www.getthebigpicture.net/blog/2009/9/21/horror-movie-paranormal-activity-scared-spielberg.html

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The only movie that I can recall "jumping" at was "What Lies Beneath".

Saw it in the theater and I remember people in the audience yelling and screaming out loud. It was pretty good.

I pooped watching that movie. Actually, now that you mention it, it might be (high) time to watch it again! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This movie came out 2 weeks ago. I thought news traveled faster than that with viral campaigns. I remember watching Blair Witch and being quite disappointed. My wife was freaked right out, but I found it annoying -- well, the characters, at least. The Ring was (for me) much creepier.

I also didn't get affected much by the Exorcist (maybe because I had read MAD Magazine's version -- The Ecchercist -- prior to seeing it).

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

"A Nightmare On Elm Street" was the first horror movie that actually scared me. Freddy Kruger and that glove of blades for fingers was Diddling awesome.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:The only movie that I can recall "jumping" at was "What Lies Beneath".

I pooped watching that movie. Actually, now that you mention it, it might be (high) time to watch it again! Spielberg gets freaked out by new movie - leaves halfway through 50327

You like saying that a lot don't you? Spielberg gets freaked out by new movie - leaves halfway through 177343

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I can only dream that that movie is going to be even half decent...I like what I've seen so far of it. I'm fairly excited...as well as for The Fourth Kind. Check that trailer out too...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Does anyone mind if I correct Spielberg's name in the first post? Good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum