GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins, Friday, May 8, 2009, 7pm ET

+8
SeawaySensFan
Hockeyhero22000
wprager
SensGirl11
SensFan71
Cronie
shabbs
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

whoever wins tonight will have huge momentum and the extra adrenaline pumping for the game on saturday..... expect the winning g goals on saturday to be from the 3rd and 4th liners

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:
wprager wrote:Go Pens! I need this to stay in the hunt in the bracket pool. I picked Bruins, Pens, Wings and Whales (they have a killer whale on one of their logos, right?) Up until last night's game I was in trouble on three of those. Now I'm a little better, but I need this one. As much as I love Ovechkin.

What's the latest on the bracket pool BTW?

(Not that I could be in any way contending, being as terrible with predictions as I am at poker LOL)

PS the Canucks logo is a lozenge...or a fish stuck on the end of a boomerang...or some guy with a tuque. WhatEVER.

Wink

With so many series deadlocked at 2-2 the prognostications are difficult. I haven't gone in to analyze who is "missing points" (e.g. picking a team in 5, then their opponen wins 2 games, you are guaranteed not to get the 2 bonus points).

As for poker, did you hear about this reporter who went to cover an event, ended up winning a seat, and was in the thick of it for a while. Even beat out The Matador. I was reading about it in a local free paper. Now that would be cool.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Prags, sounds like you've done an outstanding job with this playoff bracket. Kudos 2 U!!!

OK...looking at tonight.

The Capitals' defense is vulnerable...they have come this far thanks to Varlamov...pure and simple.

If Crosby AND Malkin are at their best, and Semin--zero goals so far in this series--can't get his game going, the Pens have a very good chance to equalize.

Looks like a seven gamer to me...

Hopefully with OT!
:##:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Geno will be a no show.
Ovie will be the main show.
The Caps will win. That ain't no sin.
Don't make me tell you I told you so!

Heh heh.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i think dave is right it is up to semin to stpe up his game bakstrom has been great and green needs to step up varly has been great and i think the pens and caps split this back to back

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Geno will be a no show.
Ovie will be the main show.
The Caps will win. That ain't no sin.
Don't make me tell you I told you so!

Heh heh.

GO SHABBS GO GO SHABBS GO GO SHABBS GO
:##: :##: :##: :##:

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Caps up 1-0.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Gonchar puts a missile past Varly...

...interesting how both 'tenders have given up 'soft' first goals....

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Now let's play some hockey!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Green blows it...Crosby and Guerin connect to blast one past the V-Man.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

WOW...is Varly losing it?

:****:

Another softie...and it's 3-1 Pens.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Pingus went on the march after Chris Clark took a dumb penalty...and Ovie compounded the problem by putting himself in the sin bin with a questionable hit on Gonchar.

A very undisciplined period by the Reds.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Craziness!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The loss of Gonchar and some slack play by the Pingus in their zone--plus a brilliant incursion by Green...allows the Caps to close the gap to one.

Overall, this period has been choppy.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

...and an atrocious PP by the Caps as Backstrom and Semin played pattycake with the puck while the clock ticked away...

But it's 3-2...advantage Pingus.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Satan's Choice: a slick pass to Sid...the Pingus pop one.

4-2...and the Caps are only clinging.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

4-3!

I can't beleive the saves i just seen varlamov do ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum