GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens?

+9
SensFan71
Mojo
PTFlea
Phoenix30
caissie_1
shabbs
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
davetherave
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should Steve Yzerman run the Senators?

Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_lcap221%Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 21% [ 4 ]
Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_lcap232%Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 32% [ 6 ]
Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_lcap247%Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 47% [ 9 ]
Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 7:21 am

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

McNab as an alternative? He may be qualified, but how is that even remotely realistic?

And what does it have to do with a discussion of Yzerman and what he can bring to the Senators?

17Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 7:30 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Yzerman in the organization would be a dream, hometown boy, but can Ottawa cut his loyalty ties to the Red Wings? If its one thing I know about Yzerman, its his loyalty to the Wings, so I don't see him coming, but would definitely love it if he did. so FingersCrossed

18Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 am

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:Yzerman in the organization would be a dream, hometown boy, but can Ottawa cut his loyalty ties to the Red Wings? If its one thing I know about Yzerman, its his loyalty to the Wings, so I don't see him coming, but would definitely love it if he did. so FingersCrossed
Actually Yzerman was born in BC, but grew up here in Ottawa. I know his parents quite well and the whole family is quite classy, but Detroit is home for Steve now and he won't leave there. He is basically an Illitch! LOL!

19Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 9:44 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:Yzerman in the organization would be a dream, hometown boy, but can Ottawa cut his loyalty ties to the Red Wings? If its one thing I know about Yzerman, its his loyalty to the Wings, so I don't see him coming, but would definitely love it if he did. so FingersCrossed
Actually Yzerman was born in BC, but grew up here in Ottawa. I know his parents quite well and the whole family is quite classy, but Detroit is home for Steve now and he won't leave there. He is basically an Illitch! LOL!

adopted member of the family is he? lol. That is what I pretty much figured lol, would be one hell of an opportunity, but I don't see Stevie Y leaving that organization, mind you, I did say the same thing about Scotty Bowman, but different situation I believe there.

20Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 9:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I heard a radio interview with Yzerman about a month ago and he didn't dance around the question of going to another team.

If the chance comes up, he would consider it.

As for Ottawa, both Murrays would have to be canned for that to happen.

21Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 2:16 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd love to have Steve Yzerman on board with the Senators organization in any capacity. We are slowly amassing one of the best front offices in the league -- the way our scouting department was re-tooled over the last couple of years really gives an indication of what direction this club is heading in.

Bringing in Yzerman to complement the group we have now is a move the Ottawa Senators should be considering very much.

22Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 3:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
504Heater wrote:David McNabb was Murray's assistant when he built the Ducks. I would love to see Murray bring McNabb in as an assistant GM here. He has no real reason to leave the Ducks, but perhaps Murray suggests to him that when he moves up to front office, McNabb has a real chance of being GM.

Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with Yzerman? :KJK:

Just that while I love the idea of Stevie Y coming home to GM the Sens, there are many, many, many other guys whos credentials are better and would make a better fit at this point and time.

With experience, perhaps one day Yzerman can come here and make a difference, but right now, it would be done based almost solely on his on ice credentials.

And while you dream of Yzerman and his potentially coming to Ottawa, I dream of what Murray can do to fill out a managing team that knows exactly what they want and how to do it.

The only reason I'd support Yzerman here as GM or assistant - besides the fact that he's cool as Dung - would be to mentor Spezza.

23Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:I heard a radio interview with Yzerman about a month ago and he didn't dance around the question of going to another team.

If the chance comes up, he would consider it.

As for Ottawa, both Murrays would have to be canned for that to happen.

He has also been quoted as saying that his focus right now is on the Olympic Games in 2010 and he won't consider an NHL position before his work for Team Canada is done.

24Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 3:58 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Just that while I love the idea of Stevie Y coming home to GM the Sens, there are many, many, many other guys whos credentials are better and would make a better fit at this point and time.

With experience, perhaps one day Yzerman can come here and make a difference, but right now, it would be done based almost solely on his on ice credentials.

And while you dream of Yzerman and his potentially coming to Ottawa, I dream of what Murray can do to fill out a managing team that knows exactly what they want and how to do it.

The only reason I'd support Yzerman here as GM or assistant - besides the fact that he's cool as Dung - would be to mentor Spezza.

FYI I DON'T dream of Yzerman coming to Ottawa.

I post the news and articles...you make the comments.

cool)

25Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 4:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I thought that. I meant you as in you guys in general.

26Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Mon May 04, 2009 4:46 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Yeah, I thought that. I meant you as in you guys in general.

cool)

27Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Stevie Y Coming Home...to the Sens? Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I didn't know how to answer this one so I picked team him up with BM but by that I mean give Stevie Y the GM job and move BM into an excutive position similar to Bowman and make sure BM plays a major roll in the draft selections.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum