GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

*&*&**^^@%@ Volchenkov breaks his leg!!!!?!?!!!?

+11
Mojo
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
davetherave
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
top shelf15
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh man...why? Why?

Apparently, Anton Volchenkov has broken his leg is a diddling meaningless game against Germany. He'll be out for quite some time obviously - and now, we'll have to sit here and wait for confirmation.

Is it true? And if so, how long will it take for him to heal.

Unhappy times.

On a sidenote...how did he get injured you ask? By blocking a shot by Christoph Schubert.

Tantrum Frustrated2

When this gets confirmed one way or the other, can someone fill in the info.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Freakin' Volchie eh? Man that bites. Me thinks Smith will be hangin' around.

- Unknown Author

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Oh man...why? Why?

Apparently, Anton Volchenkov has broken his leg is a diddling meaningless game against Germany. He'll be out for quite some time obviously - and now, we'll have to sit here and wait for confirmation.

Unhappy times.

On a sidenote...how did he get injured you ask? By blocking a shot by Christoph Schubert.

Tantrum Frustrated2

haven't heard anything one way or another, was reading some information on the IIHF site, nothing listed in the game recap of Volchie being hurt, so can't prove or refute the information, ugh, Volchie, why do you have to block Schubie's shot, you know he has a rocket. Shrug

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Unhappy times.

Tantrum Frustrated2

Yeah thats not good %&^$ing worlds its not like he had something to prove by playing in them 🇬🇬 Crying

You know, i don't know why professional athletes insists on playing in that tournament. You'd think the team would protect their million dollar assets ...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, better now than during the season... hopefully he'll come back stronger and well rested...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:You know, i don't know why professional athletes insists on playing in that tournament. You'd think the team would protect their million dollar assets ...

The NHLPA is a strong entity and the CBA allows them to choose to go over there and play in these things. Even though most people don't put a lot of stock in that tournament I believe the players that put their Country's crest on in that thing take a lot of pride in it.

- Unknown Author

top shelf15

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:You know, i don't know why professional athletes insists on playing in that tournament. You'd think the team would protect their million dollar assets ...

The NHLPA is a strong entity and the CBA allows them to choose to go over there and play in these things. Even though most people don't put a lot of stock in that tournament I believe the players that put their Country's crest on in that thing take a lot of pride in it.
Yeah i guess it sort of acts like and extended season for those who arent fortunate enough to make the playoffs ,in other words gets their bodys used too 82 games plus the playoffs.Hopefully volchie is ok FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All I've been able to find is that Volchenkov is out of the tournament with a "leg injury".

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

top shelf15 wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Yeah i guess it sort of acts like and extended season for those who arent fortunate enough to make the playoffs ,in other words gets their bodys used too 82 games plus the playoffs.Hopefully volchie is ok FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed FingersCrossed

This reminds me a lot of the incident with Dom when he played for the Czechs in the Olympics, we as Sens fans were probably bitter that he went to play, but its his right to play for his country and injuries happen.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

As long as A-Train is alright, and if it is indeed a broken leg, he has AMPLE time to heal up and be ready to hit the ice come October, or whenever he's ready (hopefully not too long).

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cronie wrote:As long as A-Train is alright, and if it is indeed a broken leg, he has AMPLE time to heal up and be ready to hit the ice come October, or whenever he's ready (hopefully not too long).

If Schubie is on the team, am going to be making sure if I was the coach, no slap shot bombs at A-Train from now on, will get razzed that one for sure come training camp, provided A-Train recovers fully.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Unhappy times.

Tantrum Frustrated2

If true...that is some seriously bad hockey karma at work.

A shame for Volchie, who is such a wonderful competitor.

Dumbest hockey tournament on the planet. There is no point to playing in this thing at all. At the end of the day it is going to be 6 out of how ever many teams that make it to the medal round, its for NHLers who have nothing better to do, and its against inferior competition.

Good thing one of the two guys I wouldnt want getting hurt does.

Hate this tounrament more than ever, its embarssing to watch as well.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.etaiwannews.com/etn/news_content.php?id=931513&lang=eng_news&cate_img=145.jpg&cate_rss=news_Sports

Trying to get more info. There's a line in there that states that Russia has 'sent Volchenkov home' after his injury.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum