GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME OF THE NIGHT: Chicago Blackhawks at Calgary Flames, Monday April 20, 2009, 930 ET/730 MT

+7
PKC
wprager
SensFan71
Cronie
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
davetherave
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Oof. Almost another one there.

If you're Keenan, do you call a time-out?

Man Toews is good, haha. Another guy that has jumped, far, far ahead of Spezza on the Canadian depth list.

Joe Sakic plays for Chicago, that kid is just insane.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

asq2 wrote:Oof. Almost another one there.

If you're Keenan, do you call a time-out?
Hey may have to.

Madness.

Flames on the PK again!

Doh.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

FLAMES!!!! YAHHH!!!!!!

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Good goal by Nystrom. To be expected.

This is going to be a thriller.

McGuire and his TSN buddy are obviously Flames fans too.

Enjoy, everybody...check in with you all later.
:D:

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Man Toews is good, haha. Another guy that has jumped, far, far ahead of Spezza on the Canadian depth list.

Meanwhile, Thornton may be dropping though.

Anyway, let's forget about the Ottawa Senators and just appreciate some nice hockey right now.

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Man Toews is good, haha. Another guy that has jumped, far, far ahead of Spezza on the Canadian depth list.

Meanwhile, Thornton may be dropping though.

Anyway, let's forget about the Ottawa Senators and just appreciate some nice hockey right now.

Thornton defently isnt impressing anyone at this point.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

So, the first playoff defeat for this young 'Hawks team. The next test is how they are able to respond. Obviously Toews will bring his best, and the (hopeful) re-addition of Kane should re-invigorate Chicago. But Calgary's confidence is rising, and the Saddledome will be as noisy as ever for Game 4.

This should be interesting.

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

Go Flames Go! Let's hope this is the boost they needed and they can win this series. Let's start with game #4!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Let's talk about something *really* important. Is the Red Mile back on?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

FLAMES!!!!!

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

They needed that game, not only to remain alive in the series, but to salvage their self-respect. Well done, well deserved victory

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Kane will be back in the line-up for Game 4 so the Flames will have to step the pressure up even more and keep it going.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A well-deserved and hard-fought win for the Flames.
Keenan must be sure to keep his troops' eyes on the prize and don't let off the accelerator, keep it goin'!

Let's see how both teams come out for game #4...

EDIT: Boys oh boys, Keenan is FUMING over Burish's blatant intent to injure bone-headed cross-check... And honestly, I agree...How in the HELL did the refs miss that one?!

What do you guys think? Will Burish suffer the the unpredictable and inconsistent wrath of Colin Campbell?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

You mean that cross check that broke his stick? That was crazy and they missed it on the ice too. Brutal. I doubt Coli will do anything, but I'm sure the refs will be keeping a close eye on him next game.

Iggy was fuming about it too and wanted at him badly.

Next game should be a crazy tilt!

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:You mean that cross check that broke his stick? That was crazy and they missed it on the ice too. Brutal. I doubt Coli will do anything, but I'm sure the refs will be keeping a close eye on him next game.

Iggy was fuming about it too and wanted at him badly.

Next game should be a crazy tilt!

that's indeed the one!

I REALLY hope Iggy manages to snag Burrish for a little Fist-à-Tete! LOL

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A terrific game...indeed the Game Of The Night...in the series between the league's two most well-matched teams.

A better than expected tilt, and the expected result.

The Flames did what they had to do. Iggy and Kipper lit the fire, Rene Bourque provided the spark, and David Moss stoked it.

Winning the third contest when up 2-0 in a series against a proud, skilled veteran team like the Flames was going to be like climbing Mount Everest on skates.

The Hawks played an excellent road game up until Bourque's goal.

Kudos to Calgary for seizing on their opportunities.

The boys all got rather rambunctious at the end to the delight of the crowd.

As a footnote, McGuire and Cuthbert might want to remember they are TSN broadcasters and not Calgary Flames announcers. I ended up switching to WGN broadcast out of Chicago which was, as usual, balanced and properly critical.

More fun and games Wednesday night!

:##:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum