GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The kids didn't mind being forced to watch this one

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

ah you silly catholics, mind you if church was like this, I would have paid more attention lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/090411/K041104AU.html
Philadelphia cable glitch switches religious program to racy ad
Published: Saturday, April 11, 2009 | 1:57 PM ET
Canadian Press NewsItem/NewsComponent/NewsLines/ByLine
PHILADELPHIA - A Philadelphia cable network's early morning broadcast of a Good Friday service at the Vatican abruptly changed to something wildly different - a 30-second "Girls Gone Wild" ad.

Comcast spokesman Jeff Alexander says the 2 a.m. Friday programming glitch was due to a required test of the Emergency Alert System. He says such tests are usually done in the overnight hours.

The test automatically tunes viewers to a preselected channel that would provide information in the event of an emergency. But during tests, the channel airs regular programming, which in this case included a paid advertisement for the racy videos.

Alexander says the problem affected the network's entire local area, but only one person called to complain. <- this part is my favourite in the whole article.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

That's friggin' hilarious!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Laughing3 One little old lady called, I guarantee it. The rest were curiously way more entertained than most Sundays.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HAHAHAHA!!!

Fantastic. LOL

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Laughing3 One little old lady called, I guarantee it. The rest were curiously way more entertained than most Sundays.

oh agreed, and once word got out, their ratings doubled on that Sunday lol.

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

How much you wanna bet viewership will be higher than usual next Sunday?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum