GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Atlanta Thrashers - 7:00pm ET - Sat. March 28th, 2009

+8
shabbs
Mojo
asq2
Riprock
PTFlea
The Silfer Server
wprager
davetherave
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Shannon scored, but now it's 6-3. Kozlov scores with Heatley in the box.

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Sens D look like they are wearing cement skates tonight Facepalm

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

it's official, we're dddddoooone...

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

From what I saw, Heatley really struggled tonight.

Spezza - Foligno tandem was alright.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

A critical match...and a turgid excuse for a hockey game by the Sens. No 'compete' after the 1st half of the first period.

Give Atlanta credit, they have some fine young talent (Bogosian, Enstrom, Armstrong), and they are learning how to play as a team...they certainly did this evening.

Someone on another fansite predicted Ottawa would 'destroy' the Thrashers tonight.

Not a good idea to diss your opponent.

Too bad...the Sens had a lot of people hoping they'd make it.

Sad

I think Heatley has checked out.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Sens will lose tomorrow - they've bottomed out now that they know they're out of it.

Look for about .500 hockey the rest of the way.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Sens will lose tomorrow - they've bottomed out now that they know they're out of it.

I actually think they are going to win, because now they know they are officially out of it, like a week ago. The last 2 games, people started to think about Playoffs, suddenly when there is a bit of pressure, they start to fall. That's actually good for Murray, may be that will push him to be more agggressive in the summer.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:
dennycrane wrote:Sens will lose tomorrow - they've bottomed out now that they know they're out of it.

I actually think they are going to win, because now they know they are officially out of it, like a week ago. The last 2 games, people started to think about Playoffs, suddenly when there is a bit of pressure, they start to fall. That's actually good for Murray, may be that will push him to be more agggressive in the summer.

I just don't want the Leafs to finish directly behind us and snag Schenn. :@@@@:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Those are the kind of games that make me second guess some of these guys. I don't know what else to say, it was a great first and a crappy rest. Blah...at some point Comrie's gonna have to realize he's playing for a contract.

And lucky we're only paying Capoli 600K next year. That's about what he looks like he's worth right now. BagoverHead

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle me, this was the most pissed I got at the Sens for a long, long time. I was seething when they made it 5-2. Literally seething. I may have smacked my cushion a little to be honest - had a little temper tantrum. Ahhhhh!

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Now tell us how you really feel. :D

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Here's how Cory Clouston felt...from the postgame report (per the Ottawa press and the AP).

“We just got outworked. Plain and simple: They wanted it more than we did,” said an incensed coach Cory Clouston. “It’s very hard (to explain). It’s a must-win. I’m at a loss. I’m not exactly sure what to say or how to explain it. Just the effort wasn’t consistent enough. At times we had the effort, but not consistent enough.”

Doesn't get any plainer. And not like these words haven't been heard before, this season.

If you watched this game, it was bad...and strangely evocative of what has been seen under the previous regime.

No time to dwell on it, though. Tampa, 6pm tonight. They'll just have to be better.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

davetherave wrote:Here's how Cory Clouston felt...from the postgame report (per the Ottawa press and the AP).

“We just got outworked. Plain and simple: They wanted it more than we did,” said an incensed coach Cory Clouston. “It’s very hard (to explain). It’s a must-win. I’m at a loss. I’m not exactly sure what to say or how to explain it. Just the effort wasn’t consistent enough. At times we had the effort, but not consistent enough.”

Doesn't get any plainer. And not like these words haven't been heard before, this season.

If you watched this game, it was bad...and strangely evocative of what has been seen under the previous regime.

No time to dwell on it, though. Tampa, 6pm tonight. They'll just have to be better.
I think I've heard Hartsburg utter those sentiments...

Hmmmm...

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

74 games... 74 points... eek... what a dismal season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A loss would have been easier to take had they at least competed. Didn't see the game (was having too much fun waiting for nothing for nearly 3 hours in the emergency room) but by all account it was a stinker. On the other hand, after the loss in Carolina the reality of their situation peeked through the fog of irrational hope. It's just one game (their play in Carolina wasn't great but it wasn't bad). Let's regroup, accept our fate, and go out and try to play our best the rest of the way.

Oh, and now's about the time to audition a few Bingo players up here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum