GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expect moves from the Ducks this week

+5
Money Farmer
wprager
towelie112
rooneypoo
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Selanne isn't going to make 4 million, well at least not without bonuses. Those bonuses count against the cap, but because he's over 35 the NHL will allow the ducks to exceed the cap.

I'm expecting Selanne to get something similar to what Chelios signed for. 2 to 3 million including bonuses max.

17Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:04 pm

Money Farmer

Prospect
Prospect

Huskins or Van Ryn would br great adds for us.

http://www.investorsgroup.com/consult/tim.frisby/english/default

18Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:02 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Money Farmer wrote:Huskins or Van Ryn would br great adds for us.

I've always likes Huskins, but does he have enough offensive upside to help?

19Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:21 pm

towelie112

towelie112
Rookie
Rookie

Van Ryan is to overpaid for what hes worth! So i'm gonna go with Huskins!

20Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:43 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
towelie112 wrote:I can see the kings making a few moves soon picking up Schneider for one and possibly Khabibulin for another seeing how that they no goaltending.

Why, what happened? They still have Bernier and LaBarbera, no?

Not exactly a spectacular duo at the moment, tho'. Bernier will be great... but he's not great at the moment. 1 year of Khabby would be a good stop gap... but that is a ridiculous contract he's on.

21Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:46 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Dawg's Wife wrote:Selanne isn't going to make 4 million, well at least not without bonuses. Those bonuses count against the cap, but because he's over 35 the NHL will allow the ducks to exceed the cap.

I'm expecting Selanne to get something similar to what Chelios signed for. 2 to 3 million including bonuses max.

Agreed 100%. I'm guessing he'll sign a deal like last year -- in the range of $3 mil, max. He's done so much for that team, and that team has bend over backwards for him on a few occasions now... it will be an extremely Ducks-friendly contract, of that I'm certain.

22Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:48 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Money Farmer wrote:Huskins or Van Ryn would br great adds for us.

Ewww. Pass.

I'd rather give that spot to Nycholat or Picard if it came to that pass.... which I don't think it will. I'm pretty sure our D this year will be

Phillips - Volchenkov
Kuba - Smith
Lee - Schubert

I don't see room for a Huskins or Van Ryn in there. Especially Van Ryn: at $2.9 mil for the next 2 years, and a history of bad injury problems, I can think of a lot better ways to spend our money.

23Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:51 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. I will take a gigantic pass on Huskins or Van Ryn. Bouwmeester on the other hand...

24Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:00 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:Selanne isn't going to make 4 million, well at least not without bonuses. Those bonuses count against the cap, but because he's over 35 the NHL will allow the ducks to exceed the cap.

That sounds about right. I'd be shocked if he got more.

It's interesting, I haven't heard anything about moves, and so far, the Ducks have been pretty quiet...

25Expect moves from the Ducks this week - Page 2 Empty Re: Expect moves from the Ducks this week Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:07 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:

That sounds about right. I'd be shocked if he got more.

It's interesting, I haven't heard anything about moves, and so far, the Ducks have been pretty quiet...
The DUcks are moving Schneider, but have to wait for Sundin to decide as the teams interested in him are all in the Sundin watch. I expect Schneider to end up in Montreal and Selanne sign for $2-3 million.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum