GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sharp: Regin Sent Down

+7
caissie_1
beerandsens
LethalLehner
PTFlea
SensFan71
Acrobat
asq2
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Sharp: Regin Sent Down Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:06 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckPersona&U=35113aac4c7a458894ac4bec54d9f136&plckController=PersonaBlog&plckScript=personaScript&plckElementId=personaDest&plckPersonaPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3a35113aac4c7a458894ac4bec54d9f136Post%3a43f240bd-fb65-4dbf-8ed6-1dacb9c060f2&sid=sitelife.pressconnects.com

:KJK:

I'm alright with this move if they're giving up on the Sens season and trying to help Bingo, but somehow I don't think that's the case. Honestly, I love Neil and Donovan but Regin's part of the future. I was hoping he'd get the rest of the season to try to prove he can be our second-line centre of the future, which would really help us out in terms of figuring out who to draft.

2Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:10 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I wonder if the plan is to start rotating some of the other kids though to see who else may be keepers, and who can be used as tradable assets.

3Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:36 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

could this just be a case of sending him down on an off day, then they will call him up for today? I heard sometimes they do that just to save a bit of cap space. Regin has definitely impressed me up here, but he definitely should experience the playoff run with Bingo, would be better for him.

4Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm okay with this. I'm a huge Regin fan, but it's hard to argue that he's still got a lot of work to do by training camp next year. Adding 10-15 pounds wouldn't hurt either.

5Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Meh, why pay someone to sit out if you're Melnyk and why only give Regin 10 mins a game when he could be getting 20.

Season is over, Regin showed he can be a real contributer in the future and all the ice time in Bingo and hopefully an extended playoff run will help him out. Hopefully Elliott and Foligno can get some time down there as well in the playoffs.

6Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:33 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Meh, why pay someone to sit out if you're Melnyk and why only give Regin 10 mins a game when he could be getting 20.

Season is over, Regin showed he can be a real contributer in the future and all the ice time in Bingo and hopefully an extended playoff run will help him out. Hopefully Elliott and Foligno can get some time down there as well in the playoffs.

you and Heater definitely make good points in terms of development of the younger players, and I really expect to see Elliot, Shannon, and Foligno all head back to Bingo come playoff time.

7Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I dont know if Shannon will, I believe he has to clear waivers and I have no doubt he will be picked up. That kid should get a 1 year, 1 way deal next year IMO. Lets see if he can get 35-50 points and then reward him with a longer term deal.

8Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll post the roster in a new thread. No Shannon, no Foligno, no Elliott.

Bell and Lee and Regin are the guys from Ottawa.

9Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:43 pm

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tim Murray mentioned in the Sens Season ticket holder conference call that he hopes that Mattias Karlsson will get a chance to play up here before the season is over. He said that he has been impressed with his play and that he will be one of the ones fighting for a roster spot next year.

10Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:06 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

ElliottRules wrote:Tim Murray mentioned in the Sens Season ticket holder conference call that he hopes that Mattias Karlsson will get a chance to play up here before the season is over. He said that he has been impressed with his play and that he will be one of the ones fighting for a roster spot next year.

This is definitely the time to give the young ones to show what they are made of, showcasing their talent if you will, should make for an interesting training camp come late summer.

11Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:18 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Tim Murray mentioned in the Sens Season ticket holder conference call that he hopes that Mattias Karlsson will get a chance to play up here before the season is over. He said that he has been impressed with his play and that he will be one of the ones fighting for a roster spot next year.

That's good news. I remember people saying his skating needed a lot of work. It must be coming along if Murray said that he's going to try to get Karlsson in the lineup this season.

12Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:16 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

beerandsens wrote:

That's good news. I remember people saying his skating needed a lot of work. It must be coming along if Murray said that he's going to try to get Karlsson in the lineup this season.

Ive only seen a couple of videos of Karlsson but I agree his skating is not his strong point. He has been playing well and should be giving a shot.

13Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

caissie_1 wrote:
Ive only seen a couple of videos of Karlsson but I agree his skating is not his strong point. He has been playing well and should be giving a shot.

We'd have two Kubas if M.Karlsson gets the call :D They're absolutely identical (except for the hockey sense which would obviously go to Kuba).

14Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:20 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
caissie_1 wrote:

We'd have two Kubas if M.Karlsson gets the call :D They're absolutely identical (except for the hockey sense which would obviously go to Kuba).

do we need two Kubas? judging by your smiley, am guessing yes, it definitely would be an improvement on a brian lee or picard.

15Sharp: Regin Sent Down Empty Re: Sharp: Regin Sent Down Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:43 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

After what looked like a dislocated shoulder on the weekend, Regin is apparently feeling a lot better. The MRI was negative and he should be back within a week to 10 days max.

Good news for Sens fans and B-Sens fans alike!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum