GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS: Vermette traded to CLB for Lclaire

+13
smash88
shabbs
SensFan71
pgood
Flo The Action
asq2
wprager
TeamRenzo
Hockeyhero22000
beerandsens
The Silfer Server
Mojo
Riprock
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

cash wrote:
Dash wrote:Leclaire has been a good goalie, granted on Columbus where it seems there goalies are either great or horrible. He has had durability issues, lets hope he can remain healthy and provide Ottawa with true #1 goaltending they have sought after for so long.
Murray proved himself to be a f-ucking idiot today. Our goaltending hasn't been good, but no goaltender will look good behind that defense. So what does he do? He trades part of PK for an injury case from system that got Dan Locosta a shutout in his 2nd MFing game(!) and signs part of our s-hitty defense for the next three years. confused
Good job Murray. DOH!

Amen. Fire this Donkey-clown. Vermette for a goaltender with injury issues and who's had ONE good season on a Ken Hitchc0ck team is not good value.

How much more damage will this Diddle idiot be allowed to do?

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Ottawa has never had a true #1 tender, except when we had Hasek. At least LeClaire gives us that possibility.

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Leclaire will not be ready to play until mid-April, so he will not be suiting up for the Sens this season.

He's also very excited to be in Ottawa, close to his hometown of Montréal. He is well aware of the stigma in Ottawa about goaltending and is looking forward to hopefully become the goalie they've been looking for.

TeamRenzo wrote:Ottawa has never had a true #1 tender, except when we had Hasek. At least LeClaire gives us that possibility.

Seriously, people believe they know more than Murray does and it is kind of sad. Leclaire is a risk, always has been, but there is more potential there than anyone we have had in a long time, if ever. It also gives Elliott a lot of time to find his way in the NHL.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Neely4Life wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:Ottawa has never had a true #1 tender, except when we had Hasek. At least LeClaire gives us that possibility.

Seriously, people believe they know more than Murray does and it is kind of sad. Leclaire is a risk, always has been, but there is more potential there than anyone we have had in a long time, if ever. It also gives Elliott a lot of time to find his way in the NHL.

Apparently Elliot needs that time.

Nice to see BM snake a 2nd rounder out of CBJ as well.

Not sure if I like the Kuba signing but if he continues to play like he did last night I will like it a whole lot more.

I suspect Murray wasn't getting good offers for him.

Last edited by TeamRenzo on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Pierre McGuire: 'This is the best goaltender that Ottawa has ever had'

It may very well be. Elliott is an NHL goaltender for sure, but he isnt a starter yet... I still think Elliott is going to be the guy here for a long time, but if Leclaire turns into something really special, then we have our goaltending set for 10 years.

Neely4Life wrote:It may very well be. Elliott is an NHL goaltender for sure, but he isnt a starter yet... I still think Elliott is going to be the guy here for a long time, but if Leclaire turns into something really special, then we have our goaltending set for 10 years.

Where does that leave Auld though? I really have to wonder how many moves Murray has coming. Leclaire won't be playing again this season I heard on TSN, so the goaltending doesn't need to be adjusted. However we are carrying too many D-man. I think Bell will be going down to help Bingo out at some point too.

I think Auld is the perfect backup, but if Murray can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him, let Gerber and Elliott finish the year, I dont think anyone would have a problem with that.

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

This is also good for tank nation. Without vermette we lose secondary scoring, faceoffs and some talent on the pk while our Goaltending doesn't improve until next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:It may very well be. Elliott is an NHL goaltender for sure, but he isnt a starter yet... I still think Elliott is going to be the guy here for a long time, but if Leclaire turns into something really special, then we have our goaltending set for 10 years.

McGuire has gone on record stating that Elliott isn't now, nor will he ever be, a number 1 NHL starter.

When I heard that (Monday on TGOR), for a second there I thought he was channeling you Smile

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Neely4Life wrote:I think Auld is the perfect backup, but if Murray can get a 4th or 5th rounder for him, let Gerber and Elliott finish the year, I dont think anyone would have a problem with that.

Auld is signed for next year, too, isn't he? He can trade him in the summer.

Better get rid of Eli Wilson before he wrecks Leclaire too.

Under Eli's watch...

Gerber - Waived
Emery - Bought out
Auld - Struggling
Elliot - Struggling

Results don't lie.... Goodbye!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How do you explain Tim Thomas?

I hate this trade. HATE IT. Leclaire is Gerber circa 2009 but injury prone. At least we only gave up our best faceoff guy, PK'er and speed. Duh. $2.7M is cap friendly.

Leclaire has benefitted from Hitchcock's system. Every Columbus goalie gets shutouts. I am sure that he is NOT the answer. Sure.

wprager wrote:How do you explain Tim Thomas?

How does anybody explain Tim Thomas? I am sure he can't explain himself.

Eli is crap. Ask anyone who attended his section of the Sens coaching clinic... he is not good... at all.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

MurderOnIce wrote:
wprager wrote:How do you explain Tim Thomas?

How does anybody explain Tim Thomas? I am sure he can't explain himself.

Eli is crap. Ask anyone who attended his section of the Sens coaching clinic... he is not good... at all.
:BB:

P.S. I see my suggestion for adding the puking scene from FG has been accepted. Yeah!
:77:

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

I have the same fear moi. Hope leclaire proves me wrong

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum