GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rennie canned! (Update - Torterella new Head Coach)

+7
Jordo
Acrobat
beedub
Riprock
LeCaptain
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

This is the guy I wished Ottawa could have snagged in the off season, would have stapled Spezza to the bench if he needed to be, would have provided a few good "colour" comments for the press in Ottawa and the rest of canada.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I also agree with Redden being done. There's nowhere for him to go now, he can't hide the fact that he flat out sucks now - and Torterella won't want to miss the playoffs because of him. Healthy scratch I would imagine - but then why would Sather hire him if that's the case?

Sather is so stupid, it's actually painful to watch. He's literally got moldy Dung for brains.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I also agree with Redden being done. There's nowhere for him to go now, he can't hide the fact that he flat out sucks now - and Torterella won't want to miss the playoffs because of him. Healthy scratch I would imagine - but then why would Sather hire him if that's the case?

Sather is so stupid, it's actually painful to watch. He's literally got moldy Dung for brains.

Guy is as dumb as a bucket of shrimp.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:That team is a Diddle mess. There's no kidding yourselves about it. Their 'core' is overpaid by about $10 million a season. Let the firesale begin...if anyone will take them.

Take who though? Gomez at 7.3 million for another 5 years? No way.

Drury might be moveable at 7 million for 3 more years, but I think he has a NTC.

Redden at 5 more years at 6.5 million. I wouldn't give him 2 million right now.

Prucha sucks.

Naslund at 4 million for one more year might be doable.

Zherdev? Sure, if you can get good value.

Kalinin, Mara, Roszival? Good luck...at least 2 of them are pending UFAs.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
Guy is as dumb as a bucket of shrimp.

I just don't get how he could possibly still have a job. This is the swan song for good old Slats. Even a blind fool would fire him in the summer.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

Drury might be moveable at 7 million for 3 more years, but I think he has a NTC.

Prucha sucks.

The worst-built team ever? Would it be a stretch to say that without Lundqvist, that this team would be a lottery team?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:The worst-built team ever? Would it be a stretch to say that without Lundqvist, that this team would be a lottery team?

Worst team built post-lockout by a large margin.

Let me ask you this: would you take back Wade Redden if the Rangers offered Lundqvist with him as well - and the price wasn't high?

They would be in the basement, no doubt!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
504Heater wrote:

Prucha sucks.

The worst-built team ever? Would it be a stretch to say that without Lundqvist, that this team would be a lottery team?

This team has probably the most number of wins in the shootout in the entire NHL.
So IMO the answer to your question is a YES.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
PKC wrote:The worst-built team ever? Would it be a stretch to say that without Lundqvist, that this team would be a lottery team?

Let me ask you this: would you take back Wade Redden if the Rangers offered Lundqvist with him as well - and the price wasn't high?

Not a chance...that's how bad Redden's contract is. He won't be anywhere close to my top 4 unfortunately, and I just can't justify a $6.5 million dollar bottom-pairing defenseman.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:

It's OVechkin or sh*t

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Not a chance...that's how bad Redden's contract is. He won't be anywhere close to my top 4 unfortunately, and I just can't justify a $6.5 million dollar bottom-pairing defenseman.

Is it worth that $$ to send Redden to the minors so you finally have that true number one goalie? Or buy Redden out for that matter.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would do that deal if Melnyk was willing to eat his salary in the minors. If not then forget it.

- Unknown Author

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

*slowly backs out of thread

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just want Lundqvist.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gomez is being aggressively shopped according to Pierre Name Dropper.

Vancouver is showing mild interest. So is Dallas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum