GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie's jaw broken per the Team

+10
Phoenix30
shabbs
rooneypoo
Cronie
SensGirl11
caissie_1
wprager
TeamRenzo
Cap'n Clutch
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:20 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just heard that Alfie's jaw is indeed broken. No mention as to whether he'll play or not - but I assume not.

What a trooper to come back in the third of that Colorado game. Wow.

2Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need an update on this situation. It's buggin the crap outta me not knowing what his status is.

- Unknown Author

3Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:49 am

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

I heard on the Team that Alfie is out for tonight.

4Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:53 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo hoo hoo.

5Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When I caught the softball with my teeth my jaw was technically broken. The teeth were still held in by the jaw but when they got pushed back the part of the jaw holding them in place was cracked and got pushed back as well.

If it's something like that, then he could possibly play, but I still doubt it.

6Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:28 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

He wont play tonight but he could be be back soon enough. Alfie is a warrior hell be back soon.

7Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Agreed ^ If he can play through bone chips in his knee and worse, he'll be back soon. As soon as the swelling goes down, he's in.

8Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:34 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hang tough Alfie and hopefully he'll suit up soon and be rarin' to go! Smile

9Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:41 am

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

I suspect he misses tonigth's game but could very well play saturday in a important game against Montreal! Alfie has always been a Hab's killer!

10Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:53 am

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

that would be ideal!! He always performs well against the Habs who, coincidently, their locker room issues and general finger-pointing drama makes the Sens woes of 2 seasons seem piddly by comparison...

Hey Habs Fans, where are your OLE OLE OLE's now, huh?!?!

11Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TSN and Sportsnet are now reporting that Clouston has addressed the media, and Alfie's jaw has a "small fracture," which will keep him out of tonight's game as well as the rest of the week possibly -- and perhaps longer. Prognosis is unknown at the moment.

Kelly is to move up on the top line, and presumably Hennessy will get into the lineup on the 3rd or 4th line.

This looks like a huge victory for "tank nation"...

12Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Out at least a week:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/02/19/alfredsson_jaw/

Damn...

13Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm good with this. Sorry for Alfie, but this could be a blessing in disguise. If he misses 3-4 games and we lose out ont he playoffs by 3 points, then I'll change my mind Smile

14Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If we win tonight without Alfie. Big If but it's possible I'm not worried about the Habs on Saturday. Who's up next after that?

- Unknown Author

15Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Empty Re: Alfie's jaw broken per the Team Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum