GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crazy speculation intensifies as D-Day nears

+3
Jordo
PTFlea
Cronie
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, none of us are new to the outrageous and sometimes laughable trade rumors that flow through the airwaves and all about the internet as we inch closer and closer to the NHL Trade deadline. I personally get a kick out of some of them and others sometimes give me pause and make me wonder "ummm, could it happen," although the latter are few and far between quite honestly.

I came across an interesting one on Spector's site, in which he is speaking about Chuck Gormley's take on the Flyers troubles in net and needing to add a Stud D-man by or at the Deadline. He mentions Pronger and J-Bow, but then says in terms of viable alternatives the Flyers could land A-Train...

That stopped me cold... Do people actually believe A-Train is available? I mean I suppose for the right price just about ANYONE could be had, but putting that aside, would Murray let A-Train go? The one Stud D-man, the warrior who takes a puck to the head/face and returns the very next game wearing a helmet two sizes bigger and simply sloughs it off?!?! Say it ain't so!!

Anyway, the rumors will not stop flying from now until March 4th, and from a Sens fan perspective, this could be yet another boring and dull deadline day, barring some unforeseen deal or something of that ilk.

Out of curiosity, I thought I'd create this thread for all the outlandish rumors you members are hearing, whether you make them up or better yet, heard elsewhere and for some reason, you can barely contain your laughter... Lay them on us...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I can't figure out how the Flyers can afford Pronger's 6.25 this year. Move Knuble?

I seriously tried to figure it out and had issues. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like, vanReimsdyk and a 1st would probably be close, but they don't shed salary. Throw in Carle and they're still 3 million off (because they're right at the cap).

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would you send them A-Train though Heater?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Would you send them A-Train though Heater?

No way!!

(for who? I can't not ask).

But no way!! You?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

God no!! I took me a second to realize your speculation of Vanriemsdyk and a 1st was for Pronger and not A-Train... LOL

but no way in Hell!! A-Train should be in BOLD on Murray's UNTOUCHABLE list IMHO.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:God no!! I took me a second to realize your speculation of Vanriemsdyk and a 1st was for Pronger and not A-Train... LOL

but no way in Hell!! A-Train should be in BOLD on Murray's UNTOUCHABLE list IMHO.

Yeah, absolutely. If there's one true untouchable on this team besides Alfie, it's definitely A-Train.

What could someone offer that would compare to his value?

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

A-Train's a rare player with few comparables. He's tough as rocks, but isn't dependable to put up points. I guess you could compare him to Komisarek in MTL (Who's UFA this year, so value is unknown), at his price tag- I'd assume he's of incredible value to almost every team out there- especially those that are in the playoffs for the long haul. Im' not sure how much they'd be willing to give up for him though...

Whatever it is, it wouldn't be worth getting rid of him for. I can't imagine we're talking high profile guys, to be honest.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Philly is trying very hard to rid themselves of the mistake that is/was Daniel Briere.

Wonder if he'd be at least a starting point for Florida's demands of a $1 center, if they are still searching for one (cause Horton's been since moved back to C).

LethalLehner

LethalLehner
Sophomore
Sophomore

I would not give up A-train either. He is a rare player. Sure he doesn't put up the points but the other talents he brings, for me, takes care of the no scoring. What would people think about Murray going after Komisarek? I personally can't see MTL letting him go.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I'd move Phillips, Smith over Volchenkov anyday. I think the only reason he is being mentioned is because those guys aren't worth anything to other teams right now. We have younger, less expensive guys that can replace their size and speed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd move both Phillips and Smith to keep Volchenkov. It's a non-issue for me. Those two I can live with or live without, losing Volchenkov makes this team have even less of an identity on the back end (which I'm not even sure is possible).

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

When I was back in Ottawa for the holidays I got the new black t-shirt with player names on it, and the hardest one to find was Volchenkov (only one in the entire Sports Experts store). And I was working a call-in show with Santa here in Brampton and a young boy called in and they got on the topic of hockey and he said his favorite player was Volchenkov. He's clearly appreciated by the fans.

Next year's lineup would look pretty good like:

Bouwmeester*/Lee-Volchenkov
E. Karlsson-Hedman*
M. Karlsson-Picard

*Assuming we manage to sign J.B. and are lucky enough to draft V.H.

what happened to Phillips?

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I traded he and Smith.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum