GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself

+4
Mojo
asq2
Nasty Nas
Riprock
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFb0y7TrqHQ

Pretty reckless and dangerous, but funny.

2Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm

bet crosby couldnt do that

3Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:00 pm

Nasty Nas

Nasty Nas
Rookie
Rookie

haha what a lunatic. HIilarious!

4Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

As funny as it was, if you're Ted Leonsis and you've put $124 million into him, you're probably not happy seeing him do that.

Ovechkin's antics are funny but usually pretty harmless. But stuff like this and to a lesser extent the "getting the soccer ball incident" with Semin might be going a little too far.

5Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:27 pm

asq2 wrote:As funny as it was, if you're Ted Leonsis and you've put $124 million into him, you're probably not happy seeing him do that.

Ovechkin's antics are funny but usually pretty harmless. But stuff like this and to a lesser extent the "getting the soccer ball incident" with Semin might be going a little too far.

Do I want to know where he was "getting" the soccer ball from?

6Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:42 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:As funny as it was, if you're Ted Leonsis and you've put $124 million into him, you're probably not happy seeing him do that.

Do I want to know where he was "getting" the soccer ball from?

Haha, it's not as bad as you might think. Just a little acrobatics.

Still, when that much is invested in you and is riding on you, you probably should expect a talk after something like that.

7Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I'm pretty sure what they go through on any given shift is way more dangerous than what they did to get that ball back.

Also, if he injures himself doing soemthing not hockey related, would he still get paid?

8Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:51 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

am sure he would, considering Joe Sakic is still getting paid after his snow blower accident. am pretty certain though that Ben Roethlisberger (I can never spell it) is never allowed to ride a motorcycle anymore (that is if the Steelers are smart)

9Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:24 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Mojo wrote:I'm pretty sure what they go through on any given shift is way more dangerous than what they did to get that ball back.

Also, if he injures himself doing soemthing not hockey related, would he still get paid?

OV's contract is very special. I don't know all the details, but as I understand it, it's broken up into sections -- something to do with insuring that kind of money in the event of injury.

The short answer is that OV would still get paid (at least to a certain amount, anyway), I believe, but the long answer would include details about where that money's actually coming from -- i.e., not just the Caps organization, but the insurance company (or companies) that are insuring the contract. Teams can't take chances with these things, after all -- they are businesses.

10Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Isn't it an insurance issue that might be the reason the NHL is pulling out of International Competition? Because ti is a non-NHL event, they don't want their players getting injured outside of the NHL?

I know that it is the reason Steve Nash won't play for Team Canada. Apparently, the cost to insure him is too much.

Back to OV - he's young, rich, and his personality is vibrant, so you kind of expect these things. But the truth is, some times you can take things too far and injuries (or worse) can occur.

11Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahaha. Look at Mike Green. He's acting cool, but really he's :****:

12Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Empty Re: Crazy Ovechkin nearly kills himself Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I don't know...it didn't look bad to me...the door stopped anyway...it probably has a sensor to stop it when someone goes near or under it like that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum