GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could save 3 players who would they be?

+14
LethalLehner
Jordo
caissie_1
shabbs
davetherave
Cronie
TeamRenzo
jamvan
The Silfer Server
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please don't come in here with stuff like this:

Never gonna happen, Melnyk wants the playoffs blah blah blah OK

This is purely hypothetical. I'm just interested in what three players you would keep on the current NHL roster for the SENS if you could ONLY pick three.

Here are mine:

Alfredsson

Volchenkov

Lee

- Unknown Author

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Mine are, Volchenkov, Foligno, Spezza.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Volchenkov, Vermette, Alfredsson.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:Volchenkov, Vermette, Alfredsson.

Ditto.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson.

I would want to keep Volchenkov as well, but you said only three, I'll go with the only 3 guys on the team that have talent.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:Volchenkov, Vermette, Alfredsson.

I thought I was the only one that still like Vermette. Thank God for you!!!!

The first two are easy, Alfie and Volchie... The third is a little more difficult, I love Vermette, but I'm torn between Elliott and Spezza. I love Elliott's story, and am comfortable having him in the net, which is a feeling I haven't had in a long time. But I would have to go with Spezza, as much as he makes my heart hurt and my eyes leak, there just aren't very many comparable playmakers out there right now.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson.

I would want to keep Volchenkov as well, but you said only three, I'll go with the only 3 guys on the team that have talent.

Do you think that the Oilers, Habs, Islanders would have won all those Cups with 21 Gretzkys, Lafleurs or Bossys in the lineup?

Spezza, Heatley, Foligno

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Do you think that the Oilers, Habs, Islanders would have won all those Cups with 21 Gretzkys, Lafleurs or Bossys in the lineup?

Uh...no, but these are the three guys I would start with. Our entire defense needs to be put to sleep with the exception of Volchenkov. Mike Fisher needs to be gassed, Kelly has to go - he really does - I don't give a flying Diddle how much 'smarts' he has. He signed his death certificate with the 2.1 million dollar contract.

Nick Foligno is a building block, Jesse Winchester is a great 3rd liner, Vermette is someone I would keep - but certainly not over any of the Big 3. Neil is a good player to keep.

So the long and the short of it is:

I would gas:
Fisher
Kelly
Kuba
J. Smith
Phillips

On the bubble/Don't care:
Picard
Lee
Bell
Auld

Keep:
Alfredsson
Spezza
Heatley
Vermette
Volchenkov
Foligno
Winchester
Elliot
McAmmond
Donovan
Neil

And I'm being nice here. If Vermette can get me a good prospect or a 2nd rounder, I'm probably in. Neil I'd only keep if he agreed on a 1.5 million per season extension - otherwise, see ya.

I'm quite adverse to this day of trading the 3rd highest goal scorer in the NHL since the lockout and his set-up man, but after last night, they need some shock therapy. I keep Alfie because he's excellent 99% of the time and is the captain.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Spezza, Heatley and Alfredsson.

There was a time when Spezza entered the zone with Alfie and Heater on the wings, I was like: oh yeah, a goal is coming!

Now when I see them going into the other team's territory, I'm there wondering who's the one who's gonna lose the puck.

Alfi, A train, Elliott, thats it.

Spezza has gone back to his old ways, AGAIN. He can only play against the weaker teams, thats a big problem.

Any team with any kind of strong team defense, Spezza is invisable, same with Heatley. Neither of those 2 are franchise guys.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:Mike Fisher needs to be gassed, Kelly has to go - he really does - I don't give a flying Diddle how much 'smarts' he has.

Kelly is apparently the smartest man in hockey, which is impressive considering his freakishly small head.

I think trumpeting hockey "smarts" is just a cop-out for players who are favourites yet aren't especially good at any one thing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kelly is apparently the smartest man in hockey, which is impressive considering his freakishly small head.

I think trumpeting hockey "smarts" is just a cop-out for players who are favourites yet aren't especially good at any one thing.

Exactly. Cop out. Gas him.

Kelly is fine! He is a perfect 3rd line center.

People are getting away from what is really ailing the team again and looking to throw around blame.

There is about 14.5 mil dollars worth of blame to go on that top line. They get most of their points and goals on the PP. Guess what, the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines are the ones drawing the penalties. People are going to say that Heatley and Spezza still produce more than anyone, well, thats because of the hard work the other lines provide and draw those penalties.

Spezza and Heatley both on this team is a waste of time, money, and committment.

504Heater wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Exactly. Cop out. Gas him.

Why gas him? Seriously? What on earth could be the reason to "gas him".

About 1/2 the team makes more than he does and he still does things on the ice that most of the players on the Sens cant do. Kelly has a limited role and when he is on the ice, he is effective for the most part.

Fisher, Spezza, Heatley, those 3 have absolutly bombed this year and 2 of them have no use except on the PP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum