GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Big IF in Sens land

+6
SeawaySensFan
wprager
dennycrane
asq2
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Big IF in Sens land Empty The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:38 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

IF Ottawa goes 8 - 1 -1 in there next ten for a total 15 game run of 11 - 2 - 2 does that make them buyers? Is that a long enough stretch to make us all believers again? If not what kind of stretch run would it take? 20 games, 30 games or the rest of the season?

- Unknown Author

2The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:40 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:IF Ottawa goes 8 - 1 -1 in there next ten for a total 15 game run of 11 - 2 - 2 does that make them buyers? Is that a long enough stretch to make us all believers again? If not what kind of stretch run would it take? 20 games, 30 games or the rest of the season?

8-1-1 puts us in a position to buy.

3The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

If they win every game, or close to that, up to the deadline, I would look at adding something.

Realistically, though, the team would be have to be so hot/so good that there probably couldn't be any holes.

We're 13th in the conference. 12 points out of the playoffs.

To me, getting to a position where we could be buyers at the deadline is such a pipe-dream that I don't see how this qualifies as anything more than a Little If.

4The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:If they win every game, or close to that, up to the deadline, I would look at adding something.

Realistically, though, the team would be have to be so hot/so good that there probably couldn't be any holes.

We're 13th in the conference. 12 points out of the playoffs.

To me, getting to a position where we could be buyers at the deadline is such a pipe-dream that I don't see how this qualifies as anything more than a Little If.

It's a BIG IF because it's a long shot to happen.

- Unknown Author

5The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:19 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

8-1-1 in the next 10 puts them in a position to stand pat, not buy.

Key game of the season: Feb. 11 in Buffalo. It's the first game of 5 in 7 nights, and Buffalo is the team the Sens have to lock onto in the standings. That game is also the second half of a home and home series.

6The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:8-1-1 in the next 10 puts them in a position to stand pat, not buy.

Key game of the season: Feb. 11 in Buffalo. It's the first game of 5 in 7 nights, and Buffalo is the team the Sens have to lock onto in the standings. That game is also the second half of a home and home series.

So how many games and what kind of record do they need before you classify them as buyers?

- Unknown Author

7The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

8-1-1 will give us 17 points in 10 games. Opposition is likely to go .500, so we would be 5 back. If we still have 4 games in hand on whoever is ahead, then it's interesting.

8The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:34 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think we're neither buyers or sellers, but there will be trades to address our immediate and medium to long-term needs.

9The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:10 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:8-1-1 will give us 17 points in 10 games. Opposition is likely to go .500, so we would be 5 back. If we still have 4 games in hand on whoever is ahead, then it's interesting.
Odd that we've played the fewest games in the league so far.

The pieces are there...

Wink

10The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:33 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think we're neither buyers or sellers, but there will be trades to address our immediate and medium to long-term needs.

This is the most accurate answer.

11The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:08 pm

sennies1980

sennies1980
Prospect
Prospect

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think we're neither buyers or sellers, but there will be trades to address our immediate and medium to long-term needs.

Well its the safest answer,quite diplomatic. Wink

http://talkinghockey.wordpress.com

12The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

sennies1980 wrote:
marakh wrote:

Well its the safest answer,quite diplomatic. Wink

ANd also the one Murray said he would do Smile

13The Big IF in Sens land Empty Re: The Big IF in Sens land Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:8-1-1 will give us 17 points in 10 games. Opposition is likely to go .500, so we would be 5 back. If we still have 4 games in hand on whoever is ahead, then it's interesting.

If we play the same for the 4 games in hand, then we end up 1 point above the 8th place team, but that also implies an 0.850 record for a quarter season, which is quite a switch from 0.350.

If it were to happen (and I wouldn't be holding my breath), we'd be buyers for sure - we'd be hotter than SJ or Boston by a moderate margin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum