GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTE Discussion

+7
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Snuh
wprager
Acrobat
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:08 am

Why did he get bounced?

47OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:11 am

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Why did he get bounced?

No idea, just got the info from a friend, and I checked on the website, his name has been removed...

48OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:26 am

He was probably sent on English as a Second Language training.

49OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I was never a fan of his. As RobbyJ has already alluded to, I prefer my on-air personalities to know the words they try to say -- not just the pronunciation, but the meaning.

50OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:36 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I was never a fan of his. As RobbyJ has already alluded to, I prefer my on-air personalities to know the words they try to say -- not just the pronunciation, but the meaning.

That was the most entertaining part about Kulka though. Laughing3

- Unknown Author

51OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:44 am

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kulka was an idiot, this is like an early christmas gift to me. Lee Versage isn't much better. To be really honest, the two of those guys would just bash the hell out of people who didn't agree with their opinions, and Kulka would wax poetic about his life and MMA and CFL (Three things I couldn't care less about). I've never called into OTE, but there were so many days i had a bad day and wanted to unleash knowledge on those clowns, who know squat about hockey but pretend that they're gods. I stopped listening a long time ago, because it just wasn't worth it.

Good Riddance.

52OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:59 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Couldn't agree more. Surprised to see that he's gone, but quite happy. If I happened to be in the car, and Over the Edge was on, I would usually put on a CD instead.

I cringed every time Kulka would override a caller, essentially call them idiots and start his own tirade, laced with uneducated diatribe and poor grammar.

They need him to hire someone with true knowledge of sports

53OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:30 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

More on Kulka getting sacked...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Kulka+sacked+Team+1200/2274340/story.html

54OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:I was never a fan of his. As RobbyJ has already alluded to, I prefer my on-air personalities to know the words they try to say -- not just the pronunciation, but the meaning.

That was the most entertaining part about Kulka though. Laughing3

True. But Versage was too chicken to have fun with it (probably a good thing for Lee).

55OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just read the Citizen article. Nice. Sack the guy right after his father passes away. I may not have been a fan, but that's not right.

56OTE Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

And they dropped Rabbi Bulka at the same time. Kulka. Bulka. Uma. Oprah.

Oh no, not Ron Corbett. I actually enjoyed listening to him once in a while. And I don't think he's at all related to Ronnie Corbett (the small one of The Two Ronnies).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum