GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTE Discussion

+7
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Snuh
wprager
Acrobat
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

It boggles my mind that they actually let Kulka interview people. His interviewing skills are worse than Stu's (scary, that is...), and he tortures the English language something fierce.

And, as we heard today, neither has any concept of prioritizing the issues in order of importance. Hands up how many out there needed to hear 10 minutes of Kulka describing his dental escapades. Right, that's what I thought.

Anyone given any consideration to an internet station? podcasts? something to ease the pain?

17OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:28 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Acrobat wrote:It boggles my mind that they actually let Kulka interview people. His interviewing skills are worse than Stu's (scary, that is...), and he tortures the English language something fierce.

And, as we heard today, neither has any concept of prioritizing the issues in order of importance. Hands up how many out there needed to hear 10 minutes of Kulka describing his dental escapades. Right, that's what I thought.

Anyone given any consideration to an internet station? podcasts? something to ease the pain?

Hmm, personally, I can't stand Elliotte Friedman, and they let him do it on National broadcasts.

18OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:30 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Hmm, personally, I can't stand Elliotte Friedman, and they let him do it on National broadcasts.

Yeah, Vanilliotte is painfully bland.

They have taken to looping Jason Spezza's indifferent post-game remarks for comic effect. I dig it!

Way to go fellas!

19OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

At least it's better than the trip to the dentist, followed by the trip to Golf Town. In nauseatingly boring detail.

How can it be possible that they can't find anybody to fill those spots? Is the pay that poor? I'll be the Algonquin students would do it for credit (and do a better job...)

20OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:40 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Versage is defending Ray Emery's most recent antics now. What a character.

21OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:51 am

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Acrobat wrote:At least it's better than the trip to the dentist, followed by the trip to Golf Town. In nauseatingly boring detail.

How can it be possible that they can't find anybody to fill those spots? Is the pay that poor? I'll be the Algonquin students would do it for credit (and do a better job...)

It's radio so needless to say, the pay isn't all that great. To give you an example, The Late Crew work for free!

22OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:46 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Snuh wrote:
Acrobat wrote:At least it's better than the trip to the dentist, followed by the trip to Golf Town. In nauseatingly boring detail.

It's radio so needless to say, the pay isn't all that great. To give you an example, The Late Crew work for free!

And they do it for free because...?

23OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:05 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kulka has informed is listeners that Dany Heatley is your Ottawa Senators "alternative" captain.

24OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:25 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Still not as funny as when Jason York calls the Defense core the Defense Corpse.

- Unknown Author

25OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:00 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Still not as funny as when Jason York calls the Defense core the Defense Corpse.

Like all good comedy, it's funny because it's true.

26OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed May 27, 2009 12:01 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I thought this might be a good time to resurrect this thread. I just heard Kulka read an email from a listener that was clearly a gag. He was asking if Patrick Roy would hire Mario Tremblay either as a Head Coach or in any other capacity and if Tremblay would be Roy's first hire.

Kulka observed that these were plausible scenarios and that the email was "astute" and "credible".

Laughter ensued in the 2005 Ford Focus Wagon.

27OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed May 27, 2009 12:20 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

you own a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon? that is funny Laughing3 just kidding.

28OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed May 27, 2009 12:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The correct reply would have been: Sweet ride. cool)

29OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed May 27, 2009 12:25 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

my bad, but I drive a 2002 Sunfire, so therefore I am obligated to say Sweet Ride as yours trumps mine. cool)

30OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Wed May 27, 2009 12:31 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensFan71 wrote:my bad, but I drive a 2002 Sunfire, so therefore I am obligated to say Sweet Ride as yours trumps mine. cool)

We must be practical, after all. At least until the kids can drive themselves. Either way, it's a perfectly good place to laugh at the antics of Kulka! :^^^^:

31OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:02 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:Just heard it. Im pretty excited about this MLS franchise. Melnyk said we're down to 5 contending teams.

Melnyk confirming again that Sens struggle because of a new system, still believing in turnaround (although I think its just to calm the fans down). Murray and Hartsburg probably not going anywhere in the next 2 years.

It's got to be lip service. He can't be this blind. Sure they may turnaround, but this season is done. I am starting to think more and more that they are buying time until the deadline when they can start making significant changes.

...and lip service it was for Hartsburg. Neat to look back at these.

32OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:03 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
hemlock wrote:It's got to be lip service. He can't be this blind. Sure they may turnaround, but this season is done. I am starting to think more and more that they are buying time until the deadline when they can start making significant changes.

Would be nice to get MLS in Ottawa. I'd love to catch a game when I'm back in town.

Or he could say that we are as good as done and that everyone might as well stay home because there's nothing to see at Scotiabank Place. This team and this organization wants to get into the playoffs. Don't kid yourself.

Wanting to do something and actually doing are two different things though. I want this team to make the playoffs as well, it's just not realistic at this point. Rip off a stretch of 8-2 or something and then there might be a reason to believe.

Oops... Sarcasm

33OTE Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: OTE Discussion Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:20 pm

there's a saying in Sweden

En lyckad berättare har gott minne och hoppas att andra inte har det. Sarcasm

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum