GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens team 09/10.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Sens team 09/10. Empty Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Here's what I'd like to see happen. Keep in mind this may not all be feasible but this is why I write topics in this forum and I'm not a GM in the NHL :D I'm also hoping for break-out years and some young guns to REALLY impress in training camp and beyond. I am trying to be somewhat reasonable as well though.

Alfie---Spezza---Heatley

Foligno--Zubov---Fisher (If not Zubov then free agent)

Ruutu---Winchester--Neil

Donovan--Bass----Regin

Phillips---Stud PMD (Just do it already)

Volchenkov---Lee

Smith-----Picard

Elliot
Auld

- Unknown Author

2Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:18 pm

yikes, that is an ugly line-up - not your fault though!!!.
Foligno does not belong on the second line.
Gone are Kuba, Vermette, Kelly, McCammond. Replaced by Regin, Bass and Zubov. I don't see ANY upgrade there.
Even with a STUD D getting those 2-4th lines the puck, there is ZERO secondary scoring.

3Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:18 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Alfie---Spezza---Heatley

Ruutu---Winchester--Neil

Donovan--Bass----Regin

Volchenkov---Lee

Smith-----Picard

Elliot
Auld

So what do you do with the 10 million you'll have by not resiging the other guys, and trading Vermette and Schubert. I'm assuming 1.5 for Neil...worse case scenario.

4Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:20 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dawg's Wife wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Alfie---Spezza---Heatley

Ruutu---Winchester--Neil

Donovan--Bass----Regin

Volchenkov---Lee

Smith-----Picard

Elliot
Auld

So what do you do with the 10 million you'll have by not resiging the other guys, and trading Vermette and Schubert. I'm assuming 1.5 for Neil...worse case scenario.

The Stud PMD will take up a good chunk of that and if you drop Zubov you have some decent dollars to pick up a second line Center.

- Unknown Author

5Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B B B Bird is the Word wrote:yikes, that is an ugly line-up - not your fault though!!!.
Foligno does not belong on the second line.
Gone are Kuba, Vermette, Kelly, McCammond. Replaced by Regin, Bass and Zubov. I don't see ANY upgrade there.
Even with a STUD D getting those 2-4th lines the puck, there is ZERO secondary scoring.

I'm expecting break out years from Foligno, Lee and Picard and a bounce back season from Fisher on the wing. Drop Zubov and put in a UFA signing if you like as well as I pointed out in my lineup. Kuba will want way too much money for what he'll bring.

- Unknown Author

6Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:42 pm

Putting Regin on the 4th line is like putting E.Karlsson (who I'm pretty sure will also be here) in the bottom pairing - Its pointless. Regin needs to be in the top-6.
Also, if Alfie carries over his play from this season into next season, then he belongs on the second line. Obviously the issue there is who fills his spot and I'm not sure I have an answer...
If I could take every available player this organization has (plus Cole from Edm) and just piece together the lineup I like best, it would look something like this:

Heatley-Spezza-Fisher
Vermette/Zubov-Regin-Alfredsson
Cole-Foligno-Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan

Obviously I would love to see Cole in a Sens uni and I think there's some real solid balance between those lines. The only thing I'm not sure of is the 4th line.
I don't know if Bass really has a place on this team and I really want to keep McAmmond because I'm convinced he has 2-3 good years left in him. I also don't know if I even want Donovan and Ruutu on the team over some of the other potential 4th liners.

Defence:
Phillips-Lee
Volchenkov-E.Karlsson
Schubert-Picard

Kuba and Smith should be sold at the deadline (assuming the obvious: We'll be sellers) and Bell should definitely not be re-signed.
First callups would be M.Karlsson and maybe Wiercioch, who will hopefully be in Bingo.

Gaoltending is already set.

7Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:51 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Putting Regin on the 4th line is like putting E.Karlsson (who I'm pretty sure will also be here) in the bottom pairing - Its pointless. Regin needs to be in the top-6.
Also, if Alfie carries over his play from this season into next season, then he belongs on the second line. Obviously the issue there is who fills his spot and I'm not sure I have an answer...
If I could take every available player this organization has (plus Cole from Edm) and just piece together the lineup I like best, it would look something like this:

Heatley-Spezza-Fisher
Cole-Foligno-Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan

Obviously I would love to see Cole in a Sens uni and I think there's some real solid balance between those lines. The only thing I'm not sure of is the 4th line.
I don't know if Bass really has a place on this team and I really want to keep McAmmond because I'm convinced he has 2-3 good years left in him. I also don't know if I even want Donovan and Ruutu on the team over some of the other potential 4th liners.

Defence:
Phillips-Lee
Volchenkov-E.Karlsson
Schubert-Picard

Kuba and Smith should be sold at the deadline (assuming the obvious: We'll be sellers) and Bell should definitely not be re-signed.
First callups would be M.Karlsson and maybe Wiercioch, who will hopefully be in Bingo.

I just don't see E. Karlsson here next season never mind in the top 4 but who knows. I do like what you've put together though.

- Unknown Author

8Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:08 pm

Thanks. Yeah I'm not 100% sold on him being here, but I just don't see Murray making a move for a legitimate PMD when we've got Karlsson waiting in the wings. Also, I don't think Melnyk is patient enough to wait it out and I think Murray knows that.
If Enstrom can play in this league; Karlsson can too.

9Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 pm

Question: If we could get TJ Hensick out of Colorado, would you guys do it? How much would you be willing to give up for him?

10Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:14 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cash wrote:Thanks. Yeah I'm not 100% sold on him being here, but I just don't see Murray making a move for a legitimate PMD when we've got Karlsson waiting in the wings. Also, I don't think Melnyk is patient enough to wait it out and I think Murray knows that.

I think there's room for E. Karlsson, Lee, Picard AND a stud PMD don't you? Do you think even if Karlsson can play next year that he'll be a #1 or #2 Stud PMD? That's what we need and that Stud can Mentor guys like Karlsson, Lee and Picard. Imagine a D like below (I'm using Jay Bo just for example purposes)

Phillips Jay Bo

Volchie Lee

Smith Picard

Year after that you move Smith out and Karlsson gets eased in on the bottom pair with second unit PP time. Eventually you move Picard in a trade and have this:

E. Karlsson Jay Bo

Volchie Lee

Phillips ??

- Unknown Author

11Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:22 pm

cash wrote:Putting Regin on the 4th line is like putting E.Karlsson (who I'm pretty sure will also be here) in the bottom pairing - Its pointless. Regin needs to be in the top-6.

Heatley-Spezza-Fisher
Cole-Foligno-Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan

Defence:
Phillips-Lee
Volchenkov-E.Karlsson
Schubert-Picard

Cole... Cole... are you SF56? haha. I miss that weird little dude from HB although he hated me something fierce. I wonder if he commented on Ek-clowns rumour? I didn't look. Chances are if he saw it he wet his little man pants....

12Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Heatley - Spezza - Alfredsson
Foligno - Fisher - _________
Winchester - Vermette - Zubov
Ruutu - Bass - Donovan

Potential call ups: Z.Smith, Regin, Shannon

_____________ - Lee
Phillips - Volchenkov
Picard - Smith

Elliot
Auld

13Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cole would be ideal for line 2. Cost though. We need to revamp our D.

14Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

MurderOnIce wrote:

Heatley-Spezza-Fisher
Cole-Foligno-Winchester
Ruutu-Bass-Donovan

Defence:
Phillips-Lee
Volchenkov-E.Karlsson
Schubert-Picard

Cole... Cole... are you SF56? haha. I miss that weird little dude from HB although he hated me something fierce. I wonder if he commented on Ek-clowns rumour? I didn't look. Chances are if he saw it he wet his little man pants....

your a moreone you dont know what your talking about because Eric Cole is the best player in the NHL and i think Brian Murray will trade him for Spezza because Spezza makes turnovers and Eric Cole is the greatest player in the NHL and since you dont think so your a moreon

15Sens team 09/10. Empty Re: Sens team 09/10. Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:42 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
cash wrote:Thanks. Yeah I'm not 100% sold on him being here, but I just don't see Murray making a move for a legitimate PMD when we've got Karlsson waiting in the wings. Also, I don't think Melnyk is patient enough to wait it out and I think Murray knows that.

I think there's room for E. Karlsson, Lee, Picard AND a stud PMD don't you? Do you think even if Karlsson can play next year that he'll be a #1 or #2 Stud PMD? That's what we need and that Stud can Mentor guys like Karlsson, Lee and Picard. Imagine a D like below (I'm using Jay Bo just for example purposes)

Phillips Jay Bo

Volchie Lee

Smith Picard

Year after that you move Smith out and Karlsson gets eased in on the bottom pair with second unit PP time. Eventually you move Picard in a trade and have this:

E. Karlsson Jay Bo

Volchie Lee

Phillips ??
I hear you. Thats definitely a valid point. The problem with J.Bo is he's too big of a commitment (Imo). His dollars alone are a big problem for a team like ours with this kind of salary structure. I would actually really like Karlsson to learn from a guy like Kaberle or Schneider. If we could get one of them to mentor him on the transition/offensive/QBing side of the game, coupled with Phillips, Volchie and maybe even Smith mentoring him on the defensive side, then he would have the best of both worlds.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum