GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoke about to turn to fire? Sens/Columbus talking turkey

+10
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Acrobat
Cronie
Phoenix30
dennycrane
Riprock
asq2
PKC
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DashRiprock wrote:Bryan Murray denied knowing anything about a Columbus deal, according to Dregger on TSN.

Funny. I would have expected him to say: "It's a done deal, Dregs. No use listening to other offers and exploring other scenarios with different teams now"

BigRig

Rookie
Rookie

PKC wrote:
BigRig77 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
504Heater wrote:According to Pierre Lebrun on the Fan 990 and then echoed on the Fan 640, the Sens and the BJs are closing in on a deal. No one seems to know the exact pieces, but Lebrun said it was centered around Pascal Leclaire.

My 2 cents is:

To Ottawa:
Fredrik Modin (LW, 1 more year at 3.2)
Pascal Leclaire (2 more years at 3.8
Kris Russell (1 more year at 750K)

To Columbus:
Antoine Vermette (1 more year at 2.75)
Martin Gerber (UFA)
Christoph Schubert (0.9, 1 more year)

Why Schubert? Because you have to pay a little extra to get teams to take on contracts like Leclaire.

My opinion? Elliot and Leclaire could be the coolest tandem in the league, but I dislike spending that much $$ on a tender who's always injured. The upside is: Elliot will get plenty of playing time. So where would Auld go? Who knows.

Anyway, there's definitely some legs to the Columbus/Ottawa rumours.

As I said yesterday, The Dreger also talked about this deal saying quote: "Gerber is in the mix". Adding that CLB was asking for a center and "grinding winger" in return.

Come to think of it, Schubert is a "grinding winger" and a dominant one at that. (Sens-Pens 2007)

you gotta think though that maybe the goalies are going to be taken out of this equation IF Elliott does really well over the next month.

To Ottawa:
Fredrik Modin (LW, 1 more year at 3.2)
Kris Russell (1 more year at 750K)

To Columbus:
Antoine Vermette (1 more year at 2.75)
Christoph Schubert (0.9, 1 more year)

see now that looks good but seeing as Ottawa's not getting burdened with Leclaire's contract, we will most likely have to take back something else...

What is the point of this trade?

we get a good young PMD and Vermette gets gone. Why? you no like?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

I just don't think a deal will happen. Sure, most GM's will deny any trade talks, but he could just say "there have been talks" as he has said before. If there were you'd think he might drop a hint to get other teams asking too, maybe create a bidding war.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:I just don't think a deal will happen. Sure, most GM's will deny any trade talks, but he could just say "there have been talks" as he has said before. If there were you'd think he might drop a hint to get other teams asking too, maybe create a bidding war.

No offense to the Sens, but I don't think many teams are going to get into a bidding war over most of our assets.

EDIT: Not right now, anyway.

asq2 wrote:Oh, I'm all for not getting Leclaire.

I'll happily just do Vermette + Kuba for Russell and a 1st.

3 firsts in this draft. :D Hopefully SJ's and Columbus' could be used to move up though.
I'd do that in a heartbeat. Thats a dream scenario for this team.
For the hell of it, imagine that Columbus misses the playoffs anyways and SJ tanks in the first round. We'd have 3 picks in the top-24.
Its all unlikely, but it would be pretty sweet.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Columbus acquires Jason Williams in a trade.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum