GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoke about to turn to fire? Sens/Columbus talking turkey

+10
Cap'n Clutch
shabbs
Acrobat
Cronie
Phoenix30
dennycrane
Riprock
asq2
PKC
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

I hope it isn't Tyutin.

BRING BACK COMMODORE! His contract is pretty reasonable :lol!:

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

YearTeamGPWLOTLGAGAASOShotsSVSV%
2005-06 60381461622.783171915570.906

Those were the numbers that got Gerber his deal with Ottawa. Funny enough, his numbers last year in Ottawa were better.

YearTeamGPWLOTLGAGAASOShotsSVSV%
2007-08 57301841452.722161914740.910

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Let's just wait and see what Murray does...

Fact is, I'm been getting quite excited at the prospect of landing Tavares or Hedman, so I don't know if I want our guys to right ship and go on a tear unless it gets us a cup, which won't happen, so I say stay where you are and reap the benefits at the draft

asq2 wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Tyutin? No thank you.

Are you kidding? Tyutin's a stud. He's like Zbynek Michalek: incredibly under-valued.

They won't give him up though. They gave up Zherdev to get him.

I would love Michalek. In addition to having underrated offensive skill, he's also the league's leading shot blocker with 145 atm.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:
asq2 wrote:
DashRiprock wrote:Tyutin? No thank you.

Are you kidding? Tyutin's a stud. He's like Zbynek Michalek: incredibly under-valued.

They won't give him up though. They gave up Zherdev to get him.

I would love Michalek. In addition to having underrated offensive skill, he's also the league's leading shot blocker with 145 atm.

Heh, I was trying to give an indication of under-ratedness in regards to Tyutin, but I agree.

Michalek's not moving, though. They need him to cover for Jovo and Morris.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Of course, neither is Tyutin, for that matter.

Unless it was Kuba going the other way.
Kuba, Vermette, Gerber for Leclaire, Tyutin has some relative balance.

According to Dregger, Murray flat out denied the trade, but the wording he used was incredibly cryptic. It didn't really sway me either way, but I think it was worth mentioning

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:Unless it was Kuba going the other way.

Not really interested.

I'd rather firsts and prospects.

I want us to get immediately worse, but improve for the future.

cash wrote:According to Dregger, Murray flat out denied the trade, but the wording he used was incredibly cryptic. It didn't really sway me either way, but I think it was worth mentioning

Can you elaborate on this? I'm confused at to what this is pertaining to and the cryptic wording.

I'm not saying I like the trade...I just want to see if we can figure out what it is before it happens Smile
I've agreed with pretty much your every post in the past however long...

hemlock wrote:
cash wrote:According to Dregger, Murray flat out denied the trade, but the wording he used was incredibly cryptic. It didn't really sway me either way, but I think it was worth mentioning

Can you elaborate on this? I'm confused at to what this is pertaining to and the cryptic wording.

Dreger reported the "F,D,G for G,D" trade that is floating around and Murray said something like "that's news to me" but that wasn't exactly what he said. Sorry I can't be more specific...I didn't think to report it at first.
The feeling I got from it was that Murray was just avoiding the question, while still answering it. Sort of like if the trade were to actually happen, he wouldn't necessarily be accused of lying.
Its just as likely that he was telling the truth...just a feeling I fot from it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cash wrote:I'm not saying I like the trade...I just want to see if we can figure out what it is before it happens Smile
I've agreed with pretty much your every post in the past however long...

Ah.

Well, I'm hoping it's for Russell. He's apparentlybeen playing very well recently, though, so I don't know if Columbus would part with him.

asq2 wrote:
cash wrote:Unless it was Kuba going the other way.

Not really interested.

I'd rather firsts and prospects.

I want us to get immediately worse, but improve for the future.

Me too. I like Tyutin, but Leclaire with his injury history is such a question mark. I don't think I could take yet another era of Sens's goaltending where we are scared to death of the next injury ala Hasek.

I think they will be a few sellers this year, namely us, NYI, TOR, TB and others depending on the standings come late Feb. I think Murray ought to do what he did last year and strike early. As more teams fill their needs, the less we'll get in return for our assets.

Leaving the big 3 out of it, I'd be really happy if we could move the following players by the deadline for picks/prospects

Kelly: He's not irreplacable

Vermette: I love his game when he's on, but I really think
he could net us something nice.

Neil: Replacable, and should have decent value for a playoff bound team.

Donovan: Valuable experience and usually picks up his game for the playoffs

McAmmond: See Donovan...plus he can PK

Kuba: If we can fetch a prospect and/or a first...start packing guy.

Phillips: He's declining, that is obvious. I would really hate to go down the same path we did with Redden. We have Volchie to mentor the kids on D too. He could garner a very nice return from a playoff bound team, looking for a shutdown guy. I don't see his value going anywhere but down going forward. If we are rebuilding....cut our losses now.

Fisher: That cap hit is just so ugly. Even with his usual production it is hard to justify. His physical game doesn't seem quite the same either, like he's toned it down a notch. Not good. This would go a long way towards healing our salary imbalance.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

A deal I'd be OK with is:

Vermette, Kuba, Gerber for Russell, Leclaire, first.

Leclaire for Gerber is even, or perhaps even a victory for the BJs. Gerber's worse, but less injury prone and his money comes off the books at season's end.

Kuba is worth the first+

Vermette + the left-over of Kuba's value + the left-over (if any) of Gerber's value is worth Russell.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:A deal I'd be OK with is:

Leclaire for Gerber is even, or perhaps even a victory for the BJs. Gerber's worse, but less injury prone and his money comes off the books at season's end.

Kuba is worth the first+

Vermette + the left-over of Kuba's value + the left-over (if any) of Gerber's value is worth Russell.

I'd say you need to add a little more because based on past history of Kuba could get you a pick and a prospect. Heck if SJ was willing to offer Carle and a 1st or Phillie offer Carter and a 1st for Redden I suspect you could get similar.

Vermette could fetch a decent player and pick as well from the right team. I suspect Edmonton maybe interested as they need a player who can win face off's and play the PK. He also adds a scoring touch when on his game and a fresh start is what he may need.

I agree that Gerber and Leclaire may be close to balancing each other out if nothing more than because of the contracts.

asq2 wrote:A deal I'd be OK with is:

Kuba is worth the first+

Somehow, from the opposing viewpoint, I don't think Leclaire for Gerber is fair. I think most BJ fans would say that Leclaire is worth much more than Gerber even considering the injuries.

I would do this trade however, because it involves a way to get rid of Gerber. Otherwise we are waiving him for nothing more than likely.

We are about to get a backup goalie off the books, and we are going to take on another one??? Murray would be an absolute fool to get Leclaire in a trade!! They have Elliott who IS ready and is playing well.

Elliott has won everywhere he has been, it wont be any different in Ottawa. Despite whether you want the team to lose or not, Elliott will be better than a 500 goalie in the NHL as well.

Im all for wheeling and dealing, not for Leclaire, the guy we have now is better, younger, cheaper, and home grown.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum