GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher

+6
PTFlea
Riprock
asq2
LethalLehner
shabbs
SeawaySensFan
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:33 pm

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Could they send Gerber down to Bingo? I mean, he's earned the trip.

I think we've caused Bingo fans enough suffering already.

affraid ouch

32Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:52 pm

Nasty Nas

Rookie
Rookie

I don't believe this one bit but if there was ever a chance to get rid
of Fisher I can't possibly imagine Murray wouldn't want to. This
contract will kill Ottawa for years. He should be fired instantly
if he had a chance at getting anything of value for him.

33Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:12 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:Souray's injuries are catching up with him. He's taken quite a toll on his body. Would be a bad move to trade for him, unless it's a cheap price. Fisher isn't a cheap price (literally).

Visnovsky's got the NTC and for EDM to trade him this shortly after getting him would be stupid. Really, who would sign or acquire someone only to waive/trade/buyout a year later? Rolling Eyes coughBurkecough

Now, Fisher for Eberle, or O'Marra, or another highly outed prospect, then we're talking. I wouldn't look at Edmonton to be in a position to move a quality roster player when they are vying for a playoff spot.

Souray's been really strong this year. He's been solid defensively and is on pace for 60 points.

Anyway, keep dreaming if you want to get Eberle.

We're just happy we're able to give Fisher away. I don't think we can then hope that some other team will give up a top asset for him.

I mean really, would you give up Karlsson for Drury?

34Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:12 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.rds.ca/senateurs/chroniques/266836.html

I don`t think they have actual proof though. And I echo what a lot of you say: whyÉ

I assume that he`ll be brought back up on re-entries.

35Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I`ll take Souray for sure, finally the 4.2 is put to defense - and someone with a lethal shot to boot.

36Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:14 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the Diddle does my keyboard sometimes go into weird font.

Here`s my question mark now: É

Stupid bastard thing.É

37Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

You must have your keyboard set to "French". That's why your apostrophes are weird as well, they're accent graves.

38Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:33 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:I`ll take Souray for sure, finally the 4.2 is put to defense - and someone with a lethal shot to boot.

It's a moot point because Edmonton won't give him up.

Remember, we're trying desperately here to get rid of Fisher. His production sucks and he hasn't looked great defensively.

Why would a team give up a nice asset for him?

39Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:12 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:You must have your keyboard set to "French". That's why your apostrophes are weird as well, they're accent graves.

You were right.

40Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:I`ll take Souray for sure, finally the 4.2 is put to defense - and someone with a lethal shot to boot.

Remember, we're trying desperately here to get rid of Fisher. His production sucks and he hasn't looked great defensively.

More than you'd think. He's really we regarded around the NHL. Has the potential to score 30 with a team that has puck moving D. Big, strong, good forechecker, heavy shot. When we move him in 2011, we'll get some goodies for sure.

41Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:25 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

More than you'd think. He's really we regarded around the NHL. Has the potential to score 30 with a team that has puck moving D. Big, strong, good forechecker, heavy shot. When we move him in 2011, we'll get some goodies for sure.

28 years old, $4.2 million a season, 3 goals, -14.

I don't think his value is very high right now.

42Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:29 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Also, for a guy with a heavy shot, a 3.37% shooting average is pretty terrible.

43Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:59 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

On a team that is league renowned for having the crappiest D that can't get the puck to forwards.

44Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:51 am

504Heater wrote:
asq2 wrote:

On a team that is league renowned for having the crappiest D that can't get the puck to forwards.

Which is our saving grace as far as the return for him goes. I could deal with the numbers being down, but it's also that he's struggled defensively and doesn't seem to have that same jam he did a couple of years ago.

45Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:07 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

I head back to Edmonton tomorrow and if I hear anything on the Team 1260 I'll let you guys know. As well the Team 1260 does take a lot about the Oilers between 3 ad 6pm AB time if anyone wants to stream it online.

46Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

You really don't want to be just giving up Fisher. Souray can be good, but he's unhealthy. He has horrible shoulders from fighting and likely the toll of having a very hard shot. Our luck, we'd get him and he'd spend most of the time on the IR. Not worth it. You're better getting a younger, healthier player with longevity. Minnesota and Nashville have a surplus of young defenceman that might be had.

Right now, Columbus NEEDS a center with the unfortunate injury and loss of Brassard for the year. If Kris Russel is the guy they are shopping, send Vermette there. Include Schubert if you need to. He can be to us now what Krlsson could be for us later. Columbus is not going to deal a roster player, or one of value or quality, with the way they are playing. Teams in Playoff position do not subtract, they add or make better.

47Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:20 pm

DashRiprock wrote:You really don't want to be just giving up Fisher. Souray can be good, but he's unhealthy. He has horrible shoulders from fighting and likely the toll of having a very hard shot. Our luck, we'd get him and he'd spend most of the time on the IR. Not worth it. You're better getting a younger, healthier player with longevity. Minnesota and Nashville have a surplus of young defenceman that might be had.

Right now, Columbus NEEDS a center with the unfortunate injury and loss of Brassard for the year. If Kris Russel is the guy they are shopping, send Vermette there. Include Schubert if you need to. He can be to us now what Krlsson could be for us later. Columbus is not going to deal a roster player, or one of value or quality, with the way they are playing. Teams in Playoff position do not subtract, they add or make better.

So Russell isn't of value or quality? You'd honestly give up Vermette AND Schubert for Russell? I couldn't. Vermette's value will be high at the deadline, and I bet he fetches us a player the calibre of Russell on his own. A guy who can pot 25 a season, kill penalties, has playoff experience and is winning faceoffs at a 60% clip should be a very attractive commodity at the deadline. I don't think anyone just wants to give Fisher up either. What I do want to give up is that incredibly Dung contract he is signed to. Even when he's scoring at his regular pace, there is no room for that contract with the others we are carrying. Someone has to be move, so it might as well be the guy who isn't producing and has a history of injuries.

You're right though...if we are targetting young d-men or prospects, Nashville is the way to go. Plus they are starving for offence.

48Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher - Page 3 Empty Re: Gerber to be Waived, EDM Wants Fisher Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:31 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gerber will get waived if Elliott shows enough to deserve to stay with the big club. Otherwise expect Gerber to play out his contract here.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum