GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sens done for the Year

+6
beedub
PTFlea
dennycrane
shabbs
The_Dude
SensGirl11
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 am

COLLAR UP

Rookie
Rookie

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
504Heater wrote:
I thought Jason Smith was gonna be that guy. I still think he can be the one who starts grabbing some of these guys by the throat a la Messier.

As for Hartsburg...it was the dead wrong choice. Funnily, it's all working out now. With the new crop of draft picks and prospects we're sure to be acquiring, he might just end up being the perfect coach...by accident.

Heater, man, you've been harping on Hartsburg for the last 2 weeks now, and, frankly, your criticism is really misplaced. He's not the problem, and I don't know what else he could possibly do. This is a team that has become lazy and indifferent, dating back to last December, long before he got here. He's tried a number of things with the limited talent he's got around him in order to shake them out of this lazy funk: breaking up the big 3, uniting the big 3, demoting Spezza for lazy play, promoting guys like Foligno and Donovan for hard work, making adjustments on the PP to try to get more offense (Fisher on the point), rotating goalies, and on and on and on. I don't know what else you're expecting. At some point, the blame has to fall on the players themselves.

Hartsburg preaches a solid two-way game: an aggressive forecheck and a tight 1-2-2 defensive trap, and a highly aggressive PK (one of our few strengths this year). To suggest that this team's not scoring because of his 'system' is laughable. Watch his world junior teams from the 2007 and 2008 tournaments and you'll see that his system, when adhered to by a competent, hungry group of guys, in now way inhibits offense.

The simple fact is that this team has been mailing it in for a year now. Yes, it's Hartsburg's job to motivate them, but 3 coaches and 1 year later, this group has proven itself dysfunctional, irrespective of who's behind the bench. It's not the coach. It's not the GM. It's the players, plain and simple. We are, and we have been, the laziest, most indifferent, passionless, fragile, head-case team in the NHL for the last 12 months. End of story. Pick a coach, any coach you want and put him behind the bench of this team, and I guarantee the results will be the same.

I agree sort of. Hartsberg and Alfie are top shelf talent. But they are the wrong personality for this lot. Draconian measures are needed at this point and those two are "too nice" to pull it off. H & A are the "lead by example" type of leader that expect others to mimic their drive and determination. This team is broken beyond that. We need leadership (for a short while) that's not afraid to "pull the wings off flies". These clowns need to be broken and brought back down to earth.

At this point, the season is awash, so might as well crack skulls to turn in around for Oct 2009.

Really...you want these players to stick around...

Even with skull crashing...poop is poop...even when you hit it hard...stomp on it...put it on fire...it is still poop...

This team does not need a new coach...it needs new players...not poop!

17Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:43 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:Heater, man, you've been harping on Hartsburg for the last 2 weeks now, and, frankly, your criticism is really misplaced. He's not the problem, and I don't know what else he could possibly do. This is a team that has become lazy and indifferent, dating back to last December, long before he got here. He's tried a number of things with the limited talent he's got around him in order to shake them out of this lazy funk: breaking up the big 3, uniting the big 3, demoting Spezza for lazy play, promoting guys like Foligno and Donovan for hard work, making adjustments on the PP to try to get more offense (Fisher on the point), rotating goalies, and on and on and on. I don't know what else you're expecting. At some point, the blame has to fall on the players themselves.

Hartsburg preaches a solid two-way game: an aggressive forecheck and a tight 1-2-2 defensive trap, and a highly aggressive PK (one of our few strengths this year). To suggest that this team's not scoring because of his 'system' is laughable. Watch his world junior teams from the 2007 and 2008 tournaments and you'll see that his system, when adhered to by a competent, hungry group of guys, in now way inhibits offense.

The simple fact is that this team has been mailing it in for a year now. Yes, it's Hartsburg's job to motivate them, but 3 coaches and 1 year later, this group has proven itself dysfunctional, irrespective of who's behind the bench. It's not the coach. It's not the GM. It's the players, plain and simple. We are, and we have been, the laziest, most indifferent, passionless, fragile, head-case team in the NHL for the last 12 months. End of story. Pick a coach, any coach you want and put him behind the bench of this team, and I guarantee the results will be the same.

This is a great post Rooney.

The only thing I can say is that this team needs a good 'ol boy behind the bench. A Quinn, Torterella, Quinnvelle, Hartley. Someone who's been there and done it - and someone who can literally scare the Dung out of these guys. Someone absolutely and positively intimidating.

Hartsburg will work for the younger players, but apparently not for the older - or star - players. I just don't see how it's a coincidence that every single player on the Sens roster is having an abysmal year.

Look at Heatley. He gets away from Ottawa and all the experimenting and he lights it up against the same talent in the Worlds.

I like Hartsburg, but at this point, there's a problem with this system in my eyes. Maybe we don't have the players to use it properly, maybe the players are all bunghole, but I still firmly believe the team needs a Bryan Murray/Pat Quinn/Pat Burns good old white haired, angry, Dung spewing coach for a year or two.

18Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:00 am

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:

The only thing I can say is that this team needs a good 'ol boy behind the bench. A Quinn, Torterella, Quinnvelle, Hartley. Someone who's been there and done it - and someone who can literally scare the Dung out of these guys. Someone absolutely and positively intimidating.

Hartsburg will work for the younger players, but apparently not for the older - or star - players. I just don't see how it's a coincidence that every single player on the Sens roster is having an abysmal year.

Look at Heatley. He gets away from Ottawa and all the experimenting and he lights it up against the same talent in the Worlds.

I like Hartsburg, but at this point, there's a problem with this system in my eyes. Maybe we don't have the players to use it properly, maybe the players are all bunghole, but I still firmly believe the team needs a Bryan Murray/Pat Quinn/Pat Burns good old white haired, angry, Dung spewing coach for a year or two.[/quote]

You're right, at first I was thinking that it had nothing to do with Hartsburg, but these guys obviously have no respect for the guy and aren't listening to him for some reason. Obviously that would mean that it is a problem with the players, which it is, but they need someone who will rip them a new bunghole when they don't play hard or work hard enough. Hartsburg isn't doing that, if he is, it's not getting through. I love Hartsburg, and I think that he's good for the young talent, but he needs to get through to the older guys on the team, if that means taking them all one by one in the back of SBP and beating the Dung out of them, so be it.

19Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:09 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hahahahahah. I forgot about this one.Sens done for the Year - Page 2 125885355_6b3afa5c58

20Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

...And there went the Cup. Along with Hasek's ****ing abductor or whatever the hell it was...

21Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:11 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29296&d=1219026309

22Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:12 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Need you remind us?

23Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:13 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:Need you remind us?

You don't like the Ref's reaction? I was laughing outloud.

24Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29296&d=1219026309

I think I'm going to have nightmares forever now. How disturbing.

25Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:14 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGirl11 wrote:
504Heater wrote:http://hfboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29296&d=1219026309

I think I'm going to have nightmares forever now. How disturbing.

Tee hee. Look at Baby Crosby. Little Wing Dang Doodle.

26Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:17 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

504Heater wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:Need you remind us?

You don't like the Ref's reaction? I was laughing outloud.

I wasn't talking about that, that's freaking hilarious. I was just talking about the fact that the Cup went down the Dung along with Hasek and Chara. Sad

27Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:Heater, man, you've been harping on Hartsburg for the last 2 weeks now, and, frankly, your criticism is really misplaced. He's not the problem, and I don't know what else he could possibly do. This is a team that has become lazy and indifferent, dating back to last December, long before he got here. He's tried a number of things with the limited talent he's got around him in order to shake them out of this lazy funk: breaking up the big 3, uniting the big 3, demoting Spezza for lazy play, promoting guys like Foligno and Donovan for hard work, making adjustments on the PP to try to get more offense (Fisher on the point), rotating goalies, and on and on and on. I don't know what else you're expecting. At some point, the blame has to fall on the players themselves.

I like Hartsburg, but at this point, there's a problem with this system in my eyes. Maybe we don't have the players to use it properly, maybe the players are all bunghole, but I still firmly believe the team needs a Bryan Murray/Pat Quinn/Pat Burns good old white haired, angry, Dung spewing coach for a year or two.

you said exactly what I said, but another way. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it this way...

28Sens done for the Year - Page 2 Empty Re: Sens done for the Year Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:19 pm

504Heater wrote:Hahahahahah. I forgot about this one.Sens done for the Year - Page 2 125885355_6b3afa5c58

Too funny. Is there a larger version of this picture somewhere? I want it as my desktop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum