GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tavares will be number 1 overall

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Tavares will be number 1 overall Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Well, just got back from the Finland/Sweden game and Hedman didnt look like a number 1 overall pick. Poor decisions, weak on the puck at times, and sometimes lost in his own zone. Tavares in the mean time has played a whale of a game and showing that he will be the number 1 pick overall. Despite my previous opinion, Hedman looked normal tonight, nothing special, just a big guy who can skate. This is not to say Hedman isnt a huge tallent or a top 2 or 3 pick, but he is not going to be the guy going number 1 overall.

On another note Karlsson was the best player on the ice for most of the night, just dominate, physical, and it was an absolute pleasure to watch that guy all night. Hedman can thank his lucky stars thats his partner or that game could have gone a lot different for the boy.

Ottawa has an absolute gem!

2Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:20 pm

I don't think we ought to be writing off Hedman as the top pick though. Do you REALLY see TB selecting Tavares over Hedman with the #1 pick considering that they have Vinny and Stamkos already? It may come down to needs for whomever holds the first overall pick.

Nice to hear about Karlsson. Now if ony we could lock him away some where and put him on the "300 Workout" to build some more size and strength. Wink

3Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It certainly sounds like it's going to be Tavares. This tourney has his stock rocketing and Hedman's falling.

4Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:24 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I just got back from the civi centre too, and I totally second that, N4. Hedman just looks lost. He has trouble controlling the puck, taking the passes... Karlsson on the other hand skates better than any Sens defenseman right now. Patient, Makes passes that turn into scoring chances, and shoots like a dynamite. I also love the attitude. pissed when misses chances, happy omre than anyone when winning.

5Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:59 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:I don't think we ought to be writing off Hedman as the top pick though. Do you REALLY see TB selecting Tavares over Hedman with the #1 pick considering that they have Vinny and Stamkos already? It may come down to needs for whomever holds the first overall pick.

Nice to hear about Karlsson. Now if ony we could lock him away some where and put him on the "300 Workout" to build some more size and strength. Wink

Yes I do... Lecavalier - Tavares - Stamkos... why draft a D when you could trade one or more of them for an amazing defenceman or two.

But Ottawa will be drafting first.

6Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:11 pm

DashRiprock wrote:
hemlock wrote:I don't think we ought to be writing off Hedman as the top pick though. Do you REALLY see TB selecting Tavares over Hedman with the #1 pick considering that they have Vinny and Stamkos already? It may come down to needs for whomever holds the first overall pick.

Yes I do... Lecavalier - Tavares - Stamkos... why draft a D when you could trade one or more of them for an amazing defenceman or two.

But Ottawa will be drafting first.

Why draft a guy just so you can trade a guy for D? Why not just draft what may the best defensive prospect in YEARS. People are overblowing Hedman's performance at the WJC's. He wasn't ranked #1 until recently for nothing. Also, if they draft Tavares, they'll be in the same boat in a few years that they were in with their 3 forwards this time last season.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Tavares, but Hedman is a much rarer species. And like I've said many times concerning this debate, if you have players of equal calibre, always take the D-man.

The only way Ottawa drafts first is if the Isles find their way out of the basement or trade us their pick. As bad as Ottawa has been, I'd like to think we are better than the Diddle Islanders. The benefit is that they have tiebreaker on us. Smile

I also don't see Tampa sucking this bad. Despite their record, they have lost ALOT of 1 goal games. If they can find a way to limit those, they should pass us in the standings before April....I hope.

7Tavares will be number 1 overall Empty Re: Tavares will be number 1 overall Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Even if TB or NY ends up picking before us, is it possible to toss them the SJ pick (or a lower pick) just to not pick Hedman? That way if we're second, we still get him (or vice versa, if Spezza is gone, and we want Tavares...)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum