GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Trade Options

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Team Trade Options Empty Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:58 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Brassard in CLB is out for 4 weeks and with Sundin being signed in Vancouver I got wondering if an arms race is about to begin ahead of the trade deadline.

Columbus is 2 pts out of 8th and 7 pts out of 5th in the west.

Along with Edmonton having issues I got wondering if Murray might consider moving Spezza and Vermette out west to either Columbus or Edmonton. I think both would be able to put together a nice little package for each player.

I've heard that a deal with Edmonton could include Horcroff, Cog's, Schremp or Nilsson, a 2009 1st, and possibly a D-man for Spezza. Sorry I am not sure how factual it is but this has been floating around here since the summer. I dont think this is that bad a deal since Horcoff would be cheaper than spezza while still getting some points. You would also gain some quality young players. That being said do you wait until draft day to try and move into the top 3.

I haven't heard if CLB would be interested but since they are so close to a playoff spot you would have to think they would try and make a move in the new year to shore up their offence and make a push for their 1st playoff appearance.

Thoughts?

2Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:39 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Phoenix30 wrote:Brassard in CLB is out for 4 weeks and with Sundin being signed in Vancouver I got wondering if an arms race is about to begin ahead of the trade deadline.

Columbus is 2 pts out of 8th and 7 pts out of 5th in the west.

Along with Edmonton having issues I got wondering if Murray might consider moving Spezza and Vermette out west to either Columbus or Edmonton. I think both would be able to put together a nice little package for each player.

I've heard that a deal with Edmonton could include Horcroff, Cog's, Schremp or Nilsson, a 2009 1st, and possibly a D-man for Spezza. Sorry I am not sure how factual it is but this has been floating around here since the summer. I dont think this is that bad a deal since Horcoff would be cheaper than spezza while still getting some points. You would also gain some quality young players. That being said do you wait until draft day to try and move into the top 3.

I haven't heard if CLB would be interested but since they are so close to a playoff spot you would have to think they would try and make a move in the new year to shore up their offence and make a push for their 1st playoff appearance.

Thoughts?

Makes some sense, CLB is one of teams that have huge pressure to make the playoffs.

The Edmonton deal looks good too.

Sell Sell Sell

3Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:13 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Only one player I want from Columbus, but Ottawa could never get him.

Leclaire is too injury prone unfortunately.

Don't think Columbus wants to trade Brassard, Voracek, or Filatov, at all.

Guys they'd move are Modin, Umberger, Peca, Noreena, Backman, Commodore.

Edmonton surely wouldn't give up all that just for Spezza and Vermette. Wishful thinking but dount count on it.

4Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:22 am

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="DashRiprock"]Only one player I want from Columbus, but Ottawa could never get him.

Leclaire is too injury prone unfortunately.

Don't think Columbus wants to trade Brassard, Voracek, or Filatov, at all.

Guys they'd move are Modin, Umberger, Peca, Noreena, Backman, Commodore.

Edmonton surely wouldn't give up all that just for Spezza and Vermette. Wishful thinking but dount count on it.[/quote]

Just saying its what I have heard around E-town for Spezza. Factual or not I dont know so I guess time will tell

5Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Although I don't think that Edmonton deal is realistic, I would be all over it.

6Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:34 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

People in Edmonton would actually consider the trade?

Cogliano had 45 points last year, career potential is a first line center.

Horcoff had 50 pts in 53 games last season and his career potential is that of a 2nd line center.

Robert Nilsson's career potential is a to 6 forward. Had 41 pts in 71 games last season.

Schremp is projected as a top 6 forward.

and they will throw in a defenceman? and a first?

I of course would make the trade of I was Ottawa and was in fact presented with this deal, but Edmonton would get destroyed. They'd burn the oil rigs down.

7Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:40 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

[quote="DashRiprock"]People in Edmonton would actually consider the trade?

Cogliano had 45 points last year, career potential is a first line center.

Horcoff had 50 pts in 53 games last season and his career potential is that of a 2nd line center.

Robert Nilsson's career potential is a to 6 forward. Had 41 pts in 71 games last season.

Schremp is projected as a top 6 forward.

and they will throw in a defenceman? and a first?

I of course would make the trade of I was Ottawa and was in fact presented with this deal, but Edmonton would get destroyed. They'd burn the oil rigs down.[/quote]

I agree its a lot but I have heard a lot of talk here in Edmonton and they want change and now. Fans are not happy with this team nor is management.

Here in edmonton Schremp and Nilsson are held in same regard. Lots of potential but cant seem to pull it together on a regular basis. These guys are the throw in's to make a deal happen. The key pieces are Horcoff and Cog's. I suspect if this was being discussed there would be more than Spezza coming back but I havent heard what else they maybe interested in other than Neil.

I suspect that if Edmonton does make a move they would be willing to overpay in order to keep pace with their rivals in Calgary and Vancouver.

I also saw on Hockey leaks that Colorado and Chicago are very interested in Spezza but it doesn't mention who would be offered in a deal. Colorado is another team that could be a desitination for Spezza if moved, as they would need to keep pace with an arms race if one does now happen because of the Sundin signing. I suspect interesting times a head.

8Team Trade Options Empty Re: Team Trade Options Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:52 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Schremp is so over-rated it blows my mind.

Any deal involving Spezza to Edmonton has to have Gagner coming back for me (considering Hemsky off-limits at this point).

I'd still rather target Bogosian/Atlanta's first though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum