GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

IIHF World Juniors: Canada vs Sweden - 7:00pm Dec. 19th, 2008

+2
LeCaptain
shabbs
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada plays Sweden tonight at the ACC in Toronto in a pre-tournament exhibition game. This is a great chance to see the top two prospects for the 2009 draft - Tavares and Hedman - go head to head.

Game is on TSN at 7:00pm. So, if the Sens/Devils game is tanking... tune in to see the Juniors.

GO CANADA GO!!!

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm more excited to see Karlsson and Hedman than the Sens... That says a lot about Ottawa this season...

Let's not forget about Andre Pettersson and Jim O'Brien.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

oh yeah, Petersson...
O'Brien has got me excited too, but doesn't play until next week.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thinking I'm going to go to the game here in Brampton, Sweden/Czech.

DashRiprock wrote:Thinking I'm going to go to the game here in Brampton, Sweden/Czech.

If you go take a good look at Karlsson and the lesser known Petersson. I wonder how they will play in a 'friendly', it is usually a good sense of who a player is.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I will.... maybe I will meet them too.

DashRiprock wrote:I will.... maybe I will meet them too.

That would be great. Not that we expect a full report but we expect a full report.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Haha, well first thing is to decide whether I can and will go. Tickets are not a problem, apparently tonnes available, just want to find out if I can get in via Rogers.

pgood

pgood
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:Canada plays Sweden tonight at the ACC in Toronto in a pre-tournament exhibition game. This is a great chance to see the top two prospects for the 2009 draft - Tavares and Hedman - go head to head.

Game is on TSN at 7:00pm. So, if the Sens/Devils game is tanking... tune in to see the Juniors.

GO CANADA GO!!!

I have tickets for this game tonight... now it's just a matter of actually getting there. Damn storm making things difficult... but as long as Go Transit is running... I'll try and make it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah, forget Devils/Sens.

Can't wait. It's too bad Wiercioch's not there, though.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=260132&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

TSN's breakdown.

Other players to watch from a draft perspective include MSP.

Did Cowen make the team? In that case, he'd be another guy to look at.

Viktor Hedman just turned 18 today.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Let's not forget about Andre Pettersson and Jim O'Brien.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Petersson will be an NHLer.

He's a great talent, but his defensive play, size and skating are all draw-backs.

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:Let's not forget about Andre Pettersson and Jim O'Brien.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think Petersson will be an NHLer.

He's a great talent, but his defensive play, size and skating are all draw-backs.

Perhaps not, but he'll still be fun to watch in this tourney.

He's just like the classic late round Wings pick. If he can work on his shortcomings, he could be a nice player.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The thing about the Wings, though, is that they have such a good mentor-system in-place, leading back to Yzerman and Lidstrom.

I like the pick because grinders are a dime a dozen, but I wouldn't expect him to be the next Martin Havlat as some suggest. He's probably only on Sweden because of their poor wing depth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum