GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Avery vs. The Flames

+3
dennycrane
LeCaptain
Riprock
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Avery vs. The Flames Empty Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Tonight, the Flames take on the Stars, the first match-up between the two teams since Avery made comment to Iginla being "boring" and how the NHL likes , this time referring to Dion Phaneuf's current, and Avery's ex-girflriend, Elisha Cuthbert, saying "I just want to comment on how it's become like a common thing in the NHL for guys to fall in love with my sloppy seconds. I don't know what that's about. Enjoy the game tonight."

Look for Avery to get a Double Dion tonight.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258171&lid=headline&lpos=topStory_main

Is it wise to anger a player such as Dion Phaneuf? We already know what he'll do to you in the name of the game, and Avery wants to make it personal?

2Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:57 pm

He's a moron, and not nearly as talented as he thinks he is.

How are things in Dallas Sean?

Tool.

3Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:02 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

It's funny though, since Ruutu is often compared to him, and they're those players you hate when they play against you but love when they are on your team.

4Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:04 pm

DashRiprock wrote:It's funny though, since Ruutu is often compared to him, and they're those players you hate when they play against you but love when they are on your team.
Do Dallas fans like Avery much?

5Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

DashRiprock wrote:It's funny though, since Ruutu is often compared to him, and they're those players you hate when they play against you but love when they are on your team.

Ruutu will never talk about other players' personnal lives.
I guess Elisha broke the his little heart Razz

6Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:22 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Ruutu isn't a saint guys, he has said and done some questionable things, it is just different now that he is wearing a Senator jersey.

I'm pretty sure fans of any team that has Avery likes him to some extent. He plays on an edge, scores, and gets in the other teams faces. Better he's on your team than not. So long as he isn't costing the team with fines, suspensions or stupid penalties, they have no reason to not like him.

He's also a great guy to have if you are a franchise that needs attention brought to it. Attention, whether negative or positive, is still attention.

7Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:27 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I dont know, I never heard of Ruutu talking trash about other players`s personnal lives.
BTW' Avery`s getting a suspension, hahahaha

8Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:36 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Hopefully that hearing is in 2011.

9Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Hopefully that hearing is in 2011.

NO, man! Avery's a vital part of my hockey pools! ALL of them! Do you know how hard it is to find a guy who can put up 40+ points and 200+ PIM? You just can't replace him!...

Diddle!

10Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:05 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Avery suspended indefinitely... hopefully it truly will be. What a tool.

11Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:12 pm

The league did the right thing here, its just embarassing to hear the guy talk and now he is making personal comments that are disgusting and have absolutly nothing to do with the game.

Well, he just lost at least 50 000 grand for opening his mouth, im sure the NHLPA and where that money is allocated likes his sloppy 2nds as well.

Enjoy the suspesion.

12Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:35 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:I dont know, I never heard of Ruutu talking trash about other players`s personnal lives.
BTW' Avery`s getting a suspension, hahahaha

Yeah, he's just smart about it. There's the one video on youtube of him caught on Pierre McGuire's microphone cursing out Andrei Markov.

13Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I can tolerate Avery to a degree... If he wants to say things like Iginla is boring, or the NHL doesn't market the game properly, that's fine with me. But he's crossed the line far too often: his comments about French Canadians, his alleged racial slur on Georges Laraque, and now this derogatory comments towards women. This guy has no respect for anything, and I have no respect for him. It's pretty telling when his own teammates don't stick up for him.

14Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:55 pm

dirtydirtynorth wrote:I can tolerate Avery to a degree... If he wants to say things like Iginla is boring, or the NHL doesn't market the game properly, that's fine with me. But he's crossed the line far too often: his comments about French Canadians, his alleged racial slur on Georges Laraque, and now this derogatory comments towards women. This guy has no respect for anything, and I have no respect for him. It's pretty telling when his own teammates don't stick up for him.

You should read the article on NHL.com about it, haha WOW, I have never seen team mates throw someone under the bus like that, and its well deserved. Team mates, whether they hate you or not will always defend you to the people outside that room and in the media, this is good to see though.

He is done as a star, you can take that to the bank. Good job Hull.

15Avery vs. The Flames Empty Re: Avery vs. The Flames Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Avery suspended indefinitely... hopefully it truly will be. What a tool.

Well, let's hope the league does a thorough investigation, interviews all the "sloppy seconds", even if they are on location. Could take a while Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum