GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EX-SEN-tricity

+9
Phoenix30
jamvan
Sensational Spezza
PKC
rooneypoo
Acrobat
Amnesia021
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:04 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Haha, anyone else? Maybe we can sign Forsberg at the deadline for the league minimum, trade Josh Hennessey and a 7th round pick to whichever team Sundin ends up on for Sundin.

I think he was listing those as a list of options that we might pursue -- a list of players from which we might be able to land one, rather than a list of players we could all add to our roster.

Anyway, Heater has already speculated about Elliott moving up full time and then trading Gerber, too, for what that's worth. It's possible, I grant, but, unless a great opportunity for another goalie emerges (i.e., Lehtonen, should he become available), I feel pretty sure (and saddened) that Gerber will be our #1 all year long. Gerber is not great but he can do what's needed when his head's in the right place, as we learned in the second half of last year. Promoting your rookie goalie to starter -- as with Huet/Price last year -- is not something you see every year. It's also a very risky move -- one that Murray, after the poor choice of coach (Paddock) and the team's poor showing last season and last playoffs, probably isn't going to make if he wants to keep his job secure.

17EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:06 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Acrobat wrote:Towel incident?

Schaefer put a white towel on the end of his stick and waved it in the air in one regular season game during the 2006-07 season. The refereeing at the game was terrible, a constant parade of Senators to the sin bin; Schaefer's gesture registered his as well as the whole team's displeasure with the officiating. It was a pretty classic moment. He got fined later that week, but it was well worth it.

That was classic! I remember it now!

18EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Sensational Spezza

Prospect
Prospect

Joe Cor_vo, his blueline fake pass, deke move was legendary Wink

19EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:08 pm

Sensational Spezza wrote:Joe Cor_vo, his blueline fake pass, deke move was legendary Wink
should of played wing :x

20EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:17 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

tukker wrote:
Sensational Spezza wrote:Joe Cor_vo, his blueline fake pass, deke move was legendary Wink
I had said the same thing since he started here. He would have been a great forward. I still hate that trade last year like crazy. So far that's the worst Murray move yet.

21EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 pm

jamvan wrote:
tukker wrote:
I had said the same thing since he started here. He would have been a great forward. I still hate that trade last year like crazy. So far that's the worst Murray move yet.
i think all the cheap Donkey signings make up for it :D

22EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:57 pm

tukker wrote:
jamvan wrote:
tukker wrote:
i think all the cheap Donkey signings make up for it :D
damn you trying to censor me 8)

23EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:59 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I actually just find the censored words funny to be honest with you.

- Unknown Author

24EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Alex Daigle

25EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Ok, I cant remember who it was but his kissing blowing to Barnaby on the faceoff and I think it was in the playoffs made me a fan...Does anyone remember who it was.

26EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Mike Comrie... Hossa and Havlat as well... and Chara.

27EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:26 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

furiousgreg wrote:Alex Daigle

Touche

- Unknown Author

28EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:40 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Ex-Sen for me has to be Arvedson aka "The Machine"! Loved that line of Arvedson - Bonk - Hossa

After that it would be Jani Hurme (just because he drank Coke during intermissions while listening to Iron Maiden, and that fight he had where he needed help removing his blocker and the guys on the bench removed it for him...That just sticks out for some reason)

Always was a fan of Jody Hull, McEachern, and Lalime as well.

29EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well if we're making a list of favourite Ex Sens then here's my top 5.

Hossa
Lalime
Todd White
Tugnutt
Cunneyworth

- Unknown Author

30EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

definitely Chara and McEachern.
Although, I'd have to add Hossa too. But since he left and Heatley arrived, Hossa who?!?! LOL

31EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Chara, Hossa and Hasek. If I had to choose...I'd probably choose Hossa by a hair over Chara.

All three were superstars at their positions though...wow.

32EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:57 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's funny, I thought about Hasek, but I'm still REALLY pissed at him and his 'groin.' ARGH!!

33EX-SEN-tricity - Page 2 Empty Re: EX-SEN-tricity Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Hasek made me too angry. I actually blocked Chuckles out of my mind so yeah I'll have to add Chara there too Space man :D

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum