GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Hawks' player with the biggest impact on the Franchise?

TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap227%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 27% [ 6 ]
TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap259%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 59% [ 13 ]
TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap25%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 5% [ 1 ]
TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap20%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_lcap29%TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Vote_rcap2 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:08 pm

My first Original Six team. I voted for Hull, despite Mikita being their all-time leading scorer. I felt Hull had a bigger impact in his time there.

2TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:32 pm

DAMN!!! i forgot Pilot...

3TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:48 pm

could this be put at the side soon?

4TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:55 pm

I went with Mikita

5TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:05 am

hemlock34 wrote:I went with Mikita
He was a great player if you've ever seen him play. Mikita was the greatest player to ever play for the 'Hawks, but he didn't have the biggest impact for me.

6TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:08 am

Tukker wrote:
hemlock34 wrote:I went with Mikita
He was a great player if you've ever seen him play. Mikita was the greatest player to ever play for the 'Hawks, but he didn't have the biggest impact for me.

Only in archived footage. I see what you are saying, but I go back to a previous comment that I cannot accurately judge some of these guys because they are before my time. I didn't see Hull play live either.

7TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:38 pm

bump

8TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:49 pm

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Golden Jet ftw!!!

9TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:41 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

This was a tough one. But I went with Mikita.

10TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:50 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tukker wrote:could this be put at the side soon?

Sorry dude. I haven't been keeping up with you very well eh? It's up now. I'm a Poll behind.

- Unknown Author

11TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:44 pm

Glen hall played many many years there too , and cups i tink ...

12TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I know very little about Blackhawks history, wow...

I went with Hull. He was awesome and my auntie nailed him several times, so...yeah...Go Hull!

13TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:30 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Luckily, I was able to watch the Hawks win their last Cup in '61...the Golden Jet and Stan Mikita changed hockey forever with their innovation of the curved stick.

It's difficult to imagine today what an impact that had on the game, and how controversial the 'banana blade' was at the time.

Traditionalists hated it.

I remember very well heated debates over slap shot versus wrist shot...forehead versus backhand...it's pretty funny when you look back.

Another thing to remember, and you have to wonder how they did it, was that goalies played without masks and players played without helmets. The padding was, well, a joke. But in those days players didn't hit each other with the same ferocity they do now.

IMHO there is much more talent in hockey today, the players are more skilled, the training and fitness level are infinitely better, the game is faster, the equipment obviously is better...the game clearly has progressed...and the players are finally compensated properly.

...but for those of us who grew up with six teams, there's a magic there that can never be duplicated.

Not necessarily better...just different.

Looking at this year's Blackhawks, these kids have, and convey, the same kind of excitement the '61 team had...Stan Mikita suggested during the Winter Classic that they even reminded him of that team.

Can they win the Cup this year? That would be a stretch. But if they keep improving, they can definitely contend for the next few years.

And IMHO they do have the coolest jersey, home and away, in pro sports. :D

14TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:31 am

davetherave wrote:Luckily, I was able to watch the Hawks win their last Cup in '61...the Golden Jet and Stan Mikita changed hockey forever with their innovation of the curved stick.

It's difficult to imagine today what an impact that had on the game, and how controversial the 'banana blade' was at the time.

Traditionalists hated it.

I remember very well heated debates over slap shot versus wrist shot...forehead versus backhand...it's pretty funny when you look back.

Another thing to remember, and you have to wonder how they did it, was that goalies played without masks and players played without helmets. The padding was, well, a joke. But in those days players didn't hit each other with the same ferocity they do now.

IMHO there is much more talent in hockey today, the players are more skilled, the training and fitness level are infinitely better, the game is faster, the equipment obviously is better...the game clearly has progressed...and the players are finally compensated properly.

...but for those of us who grew up with six teams, there's a magic there that can never be duplicated.

Not necessarily better...just different.

Looking at this year's Blackhawks, these kids have, and convey, the same kind of excitement the '61 team had...Stan Mikita suggested during the Winter Classic that they even reminded him of that team.

Can they win the Cup this year? That would be a stretch. But if they keep improving, they can definitely contend for the next few years.

And IMHO they do have the coolest jersey, home and away, in pro sports. :D
was there an answer hidden in that nostalgic mini-rant? :D

15TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Empty Re: TBOFS- Chicago Blackhawks Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:49 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tukker wrote:
was there an answer hidden in that nostalgic mini-rant? :D

Nope...nothing hidden...just enjoying the nostalgia :D

...it's like finding that old dusty table hockey game in your garage...the one with the scuffed and bent metal players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum