GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+3
Hockeyhero22000
Flo The Action
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 29]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Denisenko claimed. Not that we have the cap space but I think he's a good player

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Denisenko claimed. Not that we have the cap space but I think he's a good player

its unfortunate its by the knights, they don't need any more help

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Denisenko claimed. Not that we have the cap space but I think he's a good player

He’s a nothing player. They waived him today

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder which goalie tampa claims from waivers today.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

He’s a nothing player. They waived him today

If he got claimed by Vegas doesn't that mean the other 30 teams passed? So, yeah, not a big deal.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:I wonder which goalie tampa claims from waivers today.

Jones?

Leafs still nearly $1.8M over the cap after dealing Lafferty for a 5th. Jones' $875k will leave them still nearly $1M over. Timmins (week to week LBI) is a likely LTIR option but that will only help in the short term.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jake Muzzin retires and steps into a pro scouting role with the Leafs. He had 1 year left at $5.625M so I can only assume he'll have a hell of a signing bonus.

Cap wise he was going to be on LTIR anyway so they don't gain any room. They do, however, clear one contract (they were up to 46 of 50 max).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Looks like the Leafs have almost $678k left (after Jones being waived) but that's with 11 forwards and 7D.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Scheiffle and Hellybuyck signed to 7Y 8.5$ contract.

A little weird since scheiffle was supposedly part of the problem in Winnipeg. Maybe splitting him and wheller is the solution they went with.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is Dahlin a $3M upgrade on Sanderson?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Is Dahlin a $3M upgrade on Sanderson?

We will see if Sanderson breaks out offensively as expected

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Comparing his rookie season to Dahlin's the major difference I see is the special teams time. Dahlin played 2:51/g on the PP and just 10 seconds on the PK; Jake played 2:30/g on the PP and 3:17/g on the PK. Is that enough to account for 12 more points in 5 more games? Probably not. Being paired with Ristolainen (who was 8 years younger, at the time, than Hamonic) probably makes a bigger difference. Overall, until Chabot *and* Chychrun went down Sanderson was primarily deployed in a defensive role while Dahlin has *always* been deployed in an offensive role. I think the gap (on offense) will close a bit but Dahlin will always have the sexier stat-line, but Sanderson's overall play is probably going to be very close.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Comparing his rookie season to Dahlin's the major difference I see is the special teams time.  Dahlin played 2:51/g on the PP and just 10 seconds on the PK; Jake played 2:30/g on the PP and 3:17/g on the PK.  Is that enough to account for 12 more points in 5 more games?  Probably not.  Being paired with Ristolainen (who was 8 years younger, at the time, than Hamonic) probably makes a bigger difference.  Overall, until Chabot *and* Chychrun went down Sanderson was primarily deployed in a defensive role while Dahlin has *always* been deployed in an offensive role.  I think the gap (on offense) will close a bit but Dahlin will always have the sexier stat-line, but Sanderson's overall play is probably going to be very close.

They are just not on the same level.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

Comparing his rookie season to Dahlin's the major difference I see is the special teams time.  Dahlin played 2:51/g on the PP and just 10 seconds on the PK; Jake played 2:30/g on the PP and 3:17/g on the PK.  Is that enough to account for 12 more points in 5 more games?  Probably not.  Being paired with Ristolainen (who was 8 years younger, at the time, than Hamonic) probably makes a bigger difference.  Overall, until Chabot *and* Chychrun went down Sanderson was primarily deployed in a defensive role while Dahlin has *always* been deployed in an offensive role.  I think the gap (on offense) will close a bit but Dahlin will always have the sexier stat-line, but Sanderson's overall play is probably going to be very close.

I would agree that, currently, Dahlin is ahead. Why wouldn't he be with 4 years under his belt. I'd also say that Dahlin has always been treated as an offensive talent and has been deployed as such. But Sanderson may not be as far behind offensively as most think (he's had that label attached to him since his draft and many still hang on to that). He's definitely been deployed in a defensive role, primarily.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:

I would agree that, currently, Dahlin is ahead.  Why wouldn't he be with 4 years under his belt.  I'd also say that Dahlin has always been treated as an offensive talent and has been deployed as such. But Sanderson may not be as far behind offensively as most think (he's had that label attached to him since his draft and many still hang on to that).  He's definitely been deployed in a defensive role, primarily.

At the same age it wasn’t close either. Dahlin can win multiple Norris trophies. People are overrating Sanderson a bit now.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If Sanderson was deployed like Dahlin and playing with a younger veteran I think the offensive production gap would be a lot smaller.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Devon Toews extended for 7 x $7.25M.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Matthews is on fire -- first player to get back-to-back hatties to start the season since Ovechkin in 2017-18; before that you have to go back 100 years to Cy Denneny, Joe Malone and Reg Noble, all in 1917-18.

DeBrincat has 3 goals in 2 games and is +3. Good things happen when you don't play lazy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 29]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum