GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT#14: Lightning @ Senators: 7:00 PM, Nov 4

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev, you might as well bet on the Senators because it's a guaranteed win night:
- teams always split back to back games, and the Sens lost while Tampa won
- Tampa played last night while Ottawa played an afternoon game, so more time off
- Tampa won in Montreal so Hello Crescent Street!
- Ottawa got thoroughly embarrassed, giving up a field goal and a touchdown (they did manage to block the point after)

A win will get them back to .500, which is probably their eventual destination this season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ottawa has DeMelo as there only competent tight side D. Ceci and Wideman are playing like crap, Jaros is a rookie and Harpur a leftie. What have we got left in Belleville? Bergman? Burgdoerfer? Pretty sad. Since Ceci returned Lajoie's game has regressed; that's not a coincidence. They won't find anyone willing to trade him for much, the way he's playing. Maybe it's time for some out of the box thinking - play Ceci on the left for a have or two to shake it up. That, or send him to Belleville for a conditioning stint and bring up Bergman. Play Wideman up front and on the PP. Go with 7D for the foreseeable future.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was thinking everything you wrote. Gonna watch the betting line today. I think there’s s huge chance they win tonight

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oddshark has Ceci and Dzingle out indefinitely? Hedman is out, Callahan and Palat maybe.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Must be old reports. Weird for a betting site to not have the latest status.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hedman got hurt Last last Friday against the Knights (on a hot by Reaves). They very quickly said it was not a concussion and he wasn't supposed to miss a lot of time. But hadn't played since then and is not expected to play tonight.

Sounds a lot like a concussion, doesn't it?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

13:54 minutes per game, 13 games, and Pyatt hadn't been on the ice for a single goal? How can that be true?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cant watch this one. Double digit loss coming I think

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Cant watch this one.  Double digit loss coming I think

Nah, it'll at least be close. This is the exact type of game the Sens would win, before dropping a few in a row. We might be seeing Tampa's backup goalie as well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We're definitely seeing the backup. Domingue.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This league is Dung now. the calls and play is just so soft. Ottawa literally went short handed because of a slash on a stick. Not on the hands. On the stick. Stone boarded from behind , face into the board, no call. Diddle this Dung.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These games are more depressing than the 9-2 one, because this game showcases how much better they are than us. We're like...years away from being that good. Sad

We shouldn't even be getting a point tonight. Thanks Andy.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Chabot had the stick knocked out of his hands by Joseph a second before he tied the game. That was as much a slash. The boarding on Stone should have been something but they scored right away so it would have been negated anyway. But did the arm go up?

Yes, the Bolts took over toward the end of the second but much of it had to do with extra aggressive play that often bordered on interference, holding and hooking. And yet they penalty called on the Sens was as if they were just looking for anything to call. The double standard in the league favoring the elite teams is terrible.

BTW on the tying goal at the end, when Boro is trying to get to the puck to clear it his stick is checked from behind. Same play, really, as the "slash" that led to the PP.

And didn't Point get hit in the head with a puck and go down? Should have been in the quiet room and not scoring the tying goal.

Disgusting.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A point from Tampa is pretty good. Just kinda sucks about the events that lead to that finish. Bah.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Anyway, there's a long way to go, we all knew it. Let's continue trotting the kids out and work hard. Ceci doesn't do anything particularly well, I dont really understand what his deal is. I'm not a hater, but...I dont really know his purpose right away

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum