GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm

+4
PTFlea
tim1_2
Oglethorpe
wprager
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 12:50 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The second goal was some pinball action with the puck in Cole's feet to Fleury's left. Fleury just made a save and was, understandably, out of position. Had no idea where the puck was because it was to his left and between Cole's feet.

Hard to blame that one on him. He was scrambling because his D were playing really poorly. Not covering the right man, not clearing the puck.

32ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Brassard goal there was nothing a goalie could do.

Wraparound, well, that one could have been played better, sure. But the D did nothing to shore Smith down. Just standing around.

33ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 1:00 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, Fleury wasn't really at fault. The Pens D was horrific.

34ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 1:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, their defensive zone coverage was quite poor, which was glorious. Nice to see the injuries taking a toll. I guess going with 7D wasn't the answer.

35ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 3:45 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Given Daley's injury status I think it was necessary. When he and Malkin collided and slid into the boards I think the whole Pitt bench held their breaths.

Pittsburgh with 3 goals in 3 games. Crosby has one PP goal in the series (Methot has a goal and an assist). No matter how injured their D is, they have the forward strength to do better than that.

36ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 5:19 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can we get to Friday already? Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

I have to admit that I'm still in a stage of denial about where we stand. I still can't believe we might make the finals and possibly even win the cup! (Nashville and anaheim's defence scares the Dung out of me though)
I guess the difference with our last cup run was that it was a culmination of several years of contending while this time we've been average at best for the past 9 years. Our window is barely opening right now and here we stand!
I wonder what guys like chabot, white and Brown are feeling. I don't want to dream too much but could the sens become one of those multiple cup winning teams? I'm totally getting ahead of myself but the excitement is too much!

37ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cheers

38ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"Why not us? Why not now?"

- B. Ryan, 2017

39ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:"Why not us? Why not now?"

- B. Ryan, 2017
Stolen from P.Dorion, 2016

Starting to believe it myself!

40ECFGDT#3: Pens @  Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm - Page 3 Empty Re: ECFGDT#3: Pens @ Sens, May 17, 8:00 pm Fri May 19, 2017 8:12 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:"Why not us? Why not now?"

- B. Ryan, 2017
Stolen from P.Dorion, 2016

Starting to believe it myself!

Actually goes back to at least 1995 when Orlando Magic owner Rich DeVos said it.

And before that you had James Allen (1864-1912) and his four questions for success: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?

But Bobby said it best Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum