GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

R2GDT#1: Rangers @ Sens, April 27, 7:00pm

+3
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Yes, we will ice a better team. But those players aren't here yet. Let's face it, we've had Ryan Dzingel playing top-six mos of the year, we had Pyatt in there for a bit, as well. Wingels? Well he was actually a 4th liner playing on the 4th line, so not out of place like the others. But next year we would have a 1st rounder playing those same minutes, and that will make for a better, more-exciting team.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure I agree with the over-achieving comment. I actually think next year we ice an even better team with Chabot and White playing more of a prominent role. I think we end up losing Methot to expansion. I really don't see Vegas passing up on him.

Mac-Brass-Ryan
Hoff-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Burrows
Dzingel-White-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Harpur

We'll be great with White and Chabot. We're coming muthaf_uckas!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Not sure I agree with the over-achieving comment. I actually think next year we ice an even better team with Chabot and White playing more of a prominent role. I think we end up losing Methot to expansion. I really don't see Vegas passing up on him.

Mac-Brass-Ryan
Hoff-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Burrows
Dzingel-White-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Harpur

We'll be great with White and Chabot.  We're coming muthaf_uckas!

I'd look at moving Smith to be honest. I think McCormick could suffice in a bottom six LW role.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Mac-Brass-Ryan
Hoff-Turris-Stone
Smith-Pageau-Burrows
Dzingel-White-Pyatt

Phaneuf-Karlsson
Claesson-Ceci
Chabot-Harpur

We'll be great with White and Chabot.  We're coming muthaf_uckas!

I'd look at moving Smith to be honest. I think McCormick could suffice in a bottom six LW role.

No.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Fair to say Lundquist kept it close. 43 shots. They gave up more than I like but about the right amount for Andy.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Good game from the parts I saw. Felt better than some of those Bruins games. Different type of opponent I guess.
Looking forward to this series.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I was at the game and Lindquist was unbelievable.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dorion looking smart with the wingels and stalberg acquisitions.   

Felt as even as possible with lundqviat saving the bacon a lot.  Limit the breakaways a bit too, but very competitive game!

PS harper got better in the 2nd half luckily.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

According to the stats the Rangers outhit the Senators 37 to 30. From watching the gave I thought it was closer than that, I thought it was fairly even.

Man, can we staple Anderson to his crease? He got lucky the one time he went behind to handle the puck, then wasn't 100% up against the post and the puck from behind squeezed through to the crease. Lucky in that the Rangers player saw daylight and was trying to bank one in, and it just went right through.

And, let's face it, Karlsson's goal was flukey/lucky even if he did mean to do it. Don't think he can make that shot more than 1 in 10 tries.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anton Stalberg was awesome last night

Rangers are not impressive

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lundqvist kept that game close. Should have easily been a 4-1 final, if not worse.

I don't know if it was game 1 jitters, but Boston looked way more dangerous than NYR did last night. I feel like the Rags may score in bunches but their puck possession was atrocious and they didn't have a lot of offensive possession in the Sens zone. They seem intent on making stretch passes to beat the trap and if Ottawa can shut those passes down they will win the series.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So we beat Lundqvist when he was playing out of his mind...this bodes well. That was a helluva game by the Sens. Andy came through huge with that glove save part way through the 3rd. Wowzers.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:So we beat Lundqvist when he was playing out of his mind...this bodes well.  That was a helluva game by the Sens.  Andy came through huge with that glove save part way through the 3rd.  Wowzers.
That's how I feel as well.  That was Lund at his best and we won

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya but I am not sure the Rangers players were at their best so it all evens out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Ya but I am not sure the Rangers players were at their best so it all evens out.
Hard to say.  I guess not, but they certainly pressed pretty hard for parts of that gane.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm wondering if the rags underestimated us coming in. Probably see a rangers team bringing it to another level next game.
I'm not so optimistic this will be easier than Boston, it did look like it last game but this is only game one. They'll adjust to what we're doing. Vigneault isn't a rookie coach

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

They looked like they were having trouble adapting to the 1-3-1, but I think they'll be better tomorrow. Can we maintain our level? We'll see..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum