GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Game #60: Sens @ Panthers, Feb 26, 2017, 7:30pm

+2
PTFlea
tim1_2
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My man Andy. Enter the Matrix

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Anyone have a screen cap off Dzingel holding the other guy down with his fist pumped and ready? That was awesome!

Too many penalties taken, not enough given out to the Panthers.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Pants crappingly close!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thornton did *not* have 3 fights since he only got a double minor against Phaneuf. But he landed about five punches, is that not a fight? And he was the only one with gloves off, is that not instigator? Reffing was, once again, terrible.  Turris is hooked ask the way from the blue line in on a two one when he didn't even have the puck, but on the ending back check he gets the hook on Jagr. Don't get me wrong, he deserved the minor, but the play should have been over 20 second earlier with a PP for three Sens.  Thornton also should have had the instigator earlier.  Guy skates through the crease and hooks his skate on Andy's foot, that was no accident, but when Andy complains the ref tells him off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I normally resist the urge to complain about officiating, but this was pretty bad. Zack Smith ripped the officials a bit after the game too.

How about my man Anderson. What a performance!! Pageau and Wingels were killing it on the PK and also late in the game...very nice effort all around.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That save looks so much more impressive in slo-mo. At full speed you can tell Smith completely flubbed the shot.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Pants crappingly close!

I think they win the Division. They're good, really good. I am still amazed at how strong Jagr is.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

I think they win the Division. They're good, really good. I am still amazed at how strong Jagr is.

If by "they" you mean the Panthers, no way. 8 points to make up and 4 teams to pass. Over the last ten games they kept pace with Ottawa but lost ground on Boston. Made up kids point point on the Leafs. Even the 5 points they gained on the free falling Habs is barely enough to catch them over the remaining regular season games, *if* the Habs continue to fall. Rumour is Luongo is injured, so they have to roll with Reimer.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

If by "they" you mean the Panthers, no way. 8 points to make up and 4 teams to pass. Over the last ten games they kept pace with Ottawa but lost ground on Boston.  Made up kids point point on the Leafs. Even the 5 points they gained on the free falling Habs is barely enough to catch them over the remaining regular season games, *if* the Habs continue to fall.  Rumour is Luongo is injured, so they have to roll with Reimer.

All it takes is a "Magical Run..."

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

We are already had a magical run this century. Used up all the magic on that one.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If they get in as a WC, they're gonna spoil someone's year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The first wildcard will be from the Metropolitan, and they will face the winner of the Atlantic. The Panthers don't have a chance of getting the first wildcard. If they win the second wildcard, they play the winner of the Metropolitan Division, and it will be over quickly.

The Panthers need to get into the top three in the Atlantic. The Leafs are starting their California seeing tomorrow. By the time it's over the Panthers will very likely be ahead of them. But that still leaves the Sens and Bruins.

Given Florida's remaining schedule I have some serious doubts about them cracking the top three.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By the way, what is the standings pool like? Am I still hovering near the bottom?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How does the playoff format work?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PTFlea wrote:How does the playoff format work?

Top teams in each Division play the wildcard teams (higher-seeded top team plays lower-seeded wildcard). The 2/3 seeds in each Division play each other.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Panthers' chances of making the playoffs dropped a whopping 9.8% with the loss in regulation. Now at 28%. Their schedule is not favorable, with 13 of their remaining 21 games against playoff teams. That 5 game road trip sweep really set them up to fail, didn't it. Before that trip they were in a really tough spot (remember I said that the Islanders appeared to have the inside track?) Then they sweep the five games on the road but, of course, that's not sustainable. They've now lost three in a row at home since that trip. Both teams are 6-4-0 over their last 10.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Panthers' chances of making the playoffs dropped a whopping 9.8% with the loss in regulation.  Now at 28%.  Their schedule is not favorable, with 13 of their remaining 21 games against playoff teams.  That 5 game road trip sweep really set them up to fail, didn't it.  Before that trip they were in a really tough spot (remember I said that the Islanders appeared to have the inside track?) Then they sweep the five games on the road but, of course, that's not sustainable.  They've now lost three in a row at home since that trip.  Both teams are 6-4-0 over their last 10.  

It's crazy how tight the standings are. I mean, if Ottawa were to lose 3 in a row it would decimate our chances as well. All the more reason to load up for a push.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum