GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Milan '9MM' Michalek: Appreciation Thread

+4
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
SensHulk
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

It's only fitting that I, his namesake, create the ultimate appreciation thread for Milo. 7 seasons in a Sens Uni. Gonna miss him. True warrior till the end.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

9MM was all class, and a really good hockey player when healthy. I think his contract is fine, and would gladly take him back.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Love those shorties:

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:9MM was all class, and a really good hockey player when healthy.  I think his contract is fine, and would gladly take him back.

I think we were always better with him in the lineup. Guy could move around. Now that could be a product of the team we have too. I still maintain last season, the roll started with milo playing with turris and stone. Was a solid line.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

First class all the way.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Always liked him and will continue to root for him when he gets moved from the Laughs.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If there was ever an appreciation for Cowen is that we will always have fond memories of him shaking white around.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Milo gave us quite a few good years and it's even worse that it's quite clear he doesn't want to play for Toronto. Poor guy. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Milo gave us quite a few good years and it's even worse that it's quite clear he doesn't want to play for Toronto. Poor guy. I hope he gets a chance elsewhere.

That makes me even sadder Sad that said I think Toronto is still an OK situation for him. From what I've read, he lives in MTL in the off-season and his wife is from there. Longer drive now but it's not on the other coast or anything.

I think if he had it any other way, he wouldn't have been traded at all and would have stayed in Ottawa. Also, I didn't realize him and Karlsson are pretty tight. The captain was seemingly upset with what he deemed as 'losing another close friend'

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Thiis not a guy i wanted to see traded. Ive always been a fan ever since ge came into the league. Always showed up big for tge sharks in the playoffs and did the same for the sens when healthy. Really feel bad for him. Makes it even harder knowing he could have just said no.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispensed wrote:Always liked him and will continue to root for him when he gets moved from the Laughs.

Pretty sure that might happen at the deadline if he's healthy and playing well. A vet like that is always useful to a contender. And he'd have just 1 year and a bit of that $4M contract.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I liked him, and appreciate the quality of his character. But, let's face it, at $4M per he was overpaid, because with all the injuries he's not nearly the player he once was, nor does he play that many games, either.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispensed wrote:Always liked him and will continue to root for him when he gets moved from the Laughs.

Pretty sure that might happen at the deadline if he's healthy and playing well.  A vet like that is always useful to a contender.  And he'd have just 1 year and a bit of that $4M contract.

Id keep him until next deadline personally. Great vet player to guide youth. But shanahan is a tool so who knows...

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Sorry to see you go Milan. Wish you all the success you deserve (except against the Sens) !

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum