GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is Cody Ceci?

+5
wprager
SeawaySensFan
TheAvatar
tim1_2
spader
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Ev made a comment that I thought might be worth further consideration. He suggested that Ceci has Doughty upside. That would be great, but upside is tough to measure. Either way, I think as a fanbase we're a bit divided on Cody Ceci. What do you think?

Who is a comparable right now?

Who is a player that might be a comparable when he is at his peak?

2Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:25 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think he has high potential, but he seems stalled right now. Dmen take forever to round out. Saying he has Doughty potential is obviously ridiculous.

3Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:42 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Ev made a comment that I thought might be worth further consideration. He suggested that Ceci has Doughty upside. That would be great, but upside is tough to measure. Either way, I think as a fanbase we're a bit divided on Cody Ceci. What do you think?

I doubt Ev was being serious ...

4Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A right-handed Michael DelZotto that doesn't skate quite that well.

5Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
spader wrote:Ev made a comment that I thought might be worth further consideration. He suggested that Ceci has Doughty upside. That would be great, but upside is tough to measure. Either way, I think as a fanbase we're a bit divided on Cody Ceci. What do you think?

I doubt Ev was being serious ...

Ya, everytime I think he's exaggerating he insists he's serious, so I usually take his comments at face value now.

Either way, I like this as a thought experiment. Who is he now, and who will he become?

6Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:A right-handed Michael DelZotto that doesn't skate quite that well.

Now, at his peak, or both?

7Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:A right-handed Michael DelZotto that doesn't skate quite that well.

Now, at his peak, or both?

Both. As I said, Ceci looks to me to be the type that will progress very slowly. A flat line instead of a learning curve as I recall it. Slight exaggeration but it will be a gentle upward slope, IMO.

I don't see any hockey smarts or anything special in his game, nor flashes that might make you think it will come in the future.

8Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci has size, skating (disregarding SSF's comment), offensive ability and defensive acumen, in a 6'3" RHS package.  He also has a hot sister that's gonna look great close-up on the jumbotron when he does something noteworthy.  Ceci, himself, is not hard on the eyes either, so the ladies will soon forget about Mike "Swoon" Fisher.  

His upside is a 2nd pairing defenseman who could, potentially, turn into a true top-pairing, all-situations, minute-munching, Norris-runner-up, second-tier stud.

Or, basically, what Lidstrom would have been if he was playing behind Karlsson.

9Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was just trying to get a reaction out of SSF

I think he has 30 point upside at best. He doesn't have many puck skills right now.

10Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think he could be a 30-40 point guy that can contribute 10-15 goals a year playing on the 2nd pp. needs to be paired with someone that is more sound defensively and can cover up for the mistakes he makes nowadays. Let him develop his offencive game while slowly learning that he can't be karlsson and will have to be more prudent with turnarounds.
Player comparrison? Dunno. Never been really good at that.

11Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:25 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Upside Marc Stall or Kevin Bieksa without the mean streak. Solid second pairing defenceman who can either skate or pass the puck out of the zone play with leverage and chip in offensively every now and then.

12Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:57 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Thanks to all this feedback we are now closer than ever to finding out "Who is Cody Ceci?" Well done.

13Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:46 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I was just trying to get a reaction out of SSF

I think he has 30 point upside at best. He doesn't have many puck skills right now.

Mission accomplished.

14Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:49 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Really? I don't recall biting on that one. Nor yours which wasn't as funny as Ev but certainly more creepy. Hot sister? Yikes.

15Who is Cody Ceci? Empty Re: Who is Cody Ceci? Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:10 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:

Mission accomplished.

Really? I don't recall biting on that one. Nor yours which wasn't as funny as Ev but certainly more creepy. Hot sister? Yikes.

Who's got a hot sister? Someone's got a hot sister? Best keep her away from me, I'm in Ottawa tonight at house of Targ. If the sister wants some hotness. Naughty

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum