GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All things 2014 Playoffs

+16
spader
Vandelay
DefenceWinsChampionships
asq2
SensHulk
Hoags
NEELY
wprager
LeCaptain
sandysensfan
SeawaySensFan
Ev
Flo The Action
shabbs
tim1_2
PTFlea
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 67]

376All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:Oh man. Sharks. Can't believe it.

I can.

377All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:27 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Heh.

So, back to Colorado for Game 7. Back to San Jose for Game 7.

1 game tonight - Rangers @ Philly. Rangers up 3-2 in the series.

378All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:45 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

That Colorado/Minnesota game last night was incredible. Can't wait for their game 7 tomorrow night, along with the Sharks/Kings game.

If Philly wins tonight, then their game 7 will also be tomorrow.

379All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:45 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

spader wrote:
wprager wrote:King win 4-1.. San Jose in full-on panic mode.  

That game went sideways on the Sharks after that brutal non-call on Williams's goal. The bastard literally shoved Stalock into the net with his stick to push the puck over the line. I can't believe they didn't see that. Goalie interference should be reviewable.

I'm particularly annoyed because I need Marleau's production in my pool.

Dammit! Refs!

Meh. The puck went in the net, Stalock just move a couple inches. If the puck his behind him between his legs (not under any pads) and his legs are opened up enough for a stick to get there, and the ref doesn't blow the whistle, what is Williams to do? When the ref is not blowing the whistle the player has to assume the puck is loose somewhere. The last time he saw the puck it was going five-hole, so he pokes to push it further.

The goal on Lehner was way worse (puck was actually under his skate/pad).

380All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:50 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Columbus is constructed the way I think Ottawa will look like next year and beyond. No superstars up front, but a real pack mentality.

381All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:00 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

That game went sideways on the Sharks after that brutal non-call on Williams's goal. The bastard literally shoved Stalock into the net with his stick to push the puck over the line. I can't believe they didn't see that. Goalie interference should be reviewable.

Dammit! Refs!

Meh.  The puck went in the net, Stalock just move a couple inches.  If the puck his behind him between his legs (not under any pads) and his legs are opened up enough for a stick to get there, and the ref doesn't blow the whistle, what is Williams to do?  When the ref is not blowing the whistle the player has to assume the puck is loose somewhere.  The last time he saw the puck it was going five-hole, so he pokes to push it further.  

You don't push the goalie's pad to score, period. No need to analyze it further, it's the rules. When they called goalie interference on Price with that Tampa Bay player trying to get out of the net it looked like BS too but they said it's the rules.

382All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:02 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Columbus is constructed the way I think Ottawa will look like next year and beyond. No superstars up front, but a real pack mentality.

Wow, that's really something to look forward to!

Farter

383All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:05 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Sharks got jobbed on that. No push, no goal. Turning point? Meh.

384All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:11 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Columbus is constructed the way I think Ottawa will look like next year and beyond.  No superstars up front, but a real pack mentality.  

Farter
ya fringe playoff team. woo hoo! Facepalm 

honestly I think drafting focus will go back to trying to find a kid that can become number 1C. won't be for up for a few years but ya.

385All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:15 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Yeah, Sharks got jobbed on that. No push, no goal. Turning point? Meh.

Sharks don't deserve any breaks at this point. Gonna be a hell of a game 7. Imagine how much pressure San Jose is feeling? Oh boy.

386All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:19 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Columbus is constructed the way I think Ottawa will look like next year and beyond.  No superstars up front, but a real pack mentality.  

Ryan Johansen tho

387All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Farter
ya fringe playoff team. woo hoo! Facepalm 

honestly I think drafting focus will go back to trying to find a kid that can become number 1C. won't be for up for a few years but ya.

Both Ottawa and Columbus have their number 1 Cs - especially Columbus.

As for fringe playoff team - not for long. Columbus is trending up in a big way. They're gonna be a pain in the arse to play against for a long time.

388All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:22 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
spader wrote:

Dammit! Refs!

Meh.  The puck went in the net, Stalock just move a couple inches.  If the puck his behind him between his legs (not under any pads) and his legs are opened up enough for a stick to get there, and the ref doesn't blow the whistle, what is Williams to do?  When the ref is not blowing the whistle the player has to assume the puck is loose somewhere.  The last time he saw the puck it was going five-hole, so he pokes to push it further.  

That's a lot of ifs. Unfortunately, he didn't get his stick on the puck, he pushed the puck in by pushing the guy in front of the puck, Stalock, into the net. That's not a legal goal. Missed call.

389All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:23 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:

Ryan Johansen tho

Yeah, true, but that's the exception to the rule on that team. Tough as nails, I like the way they're built.

390All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:42 am

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Columbus is being built the right way, depth on the wings, potential star center up front, solid goaltending, and a mix of everything on the back end even if they lack some high end skill back there.  I think they might be missing some top end talent on the wings but other than that they are fine and are being built much the same way the Sens are.  Looks like a team that has the potential to be the Bruins, Blues, or Kings.  Nothing wrong with those teams considering where the Sens are right now.

391All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Not a fan of the Blues at all. Not enough offense in the least. You can't grind a team to death lol, you need someone who can consistently put the puck in the net. Good for them to put their eggs in the Tarasenko/Schwartz basket, but these are kids, expect growing pains.

Boring team - needs to be re-evaluated in a huge way.

392All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:52 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Not a fan of the Blues at all.  Not enough offense in the least.  You can't grind a team to death lol, you need someone who can consistently put the puck in the net.  Good for them to put their eggs in the Tarasenko/Schwartz basket, but these are kids, expect growing pains.

If the Sens are competing for presidents trophy's and 1st place in the league that's a pretty good start.  I don't care if Blues got bounced early this year, they have built a solid team that can beat anyone.  Yah, they need more talent and Ottawa already has that talent in place.

393All things 2014 Playoffs - Page 26 Empty Re: All things 2014 Playoffs Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:07 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Not a fan of the Blues at all.  Not enough offense in the least.  You can't grind a team to death lol, you need someone who can consistently put the puck in the net.  Good for them to put their eggs in the Tarasenko/Schwartz basket, but these are kids, expect growing pains.

If the Sens are competing for presidents trophy's and 1st place in the league that's a pretty good start.  I don't care if Blues got bounced early this year, they have built a solid team that can beat anyone.  Yah, they need more talent and Ottawa already has that talent in place.

That's a lot harder to get than it sounds. The talent they're missing can take a loooong time to find. The one thing I'll say is that Tarasenko and Schwartz are beautiful young pieces. The rest of that lineup is built for the playoffs - so what happened?...they're just not good enough to compete against the big boys like Chicago and Anaheim.

We'll see how this all shakes out though. Miller was crappy, so they're back to square one in net too. Also, pretty soft on that back end I noticed.

Really...not a great team yet. They need a Jason Spezza, they need another winger and they need some jam on the back end and they need a goalie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 46 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum