GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT: LA Kings @ Sens - Winter Snow Warning Edition - 2PM start!!!

+10
PTFlea
Ev
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
shabbs
SensHulk
NEELY
wprager
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

WINTER STORM WARNING. @environmentca Blowing snow. 15-25 cm possible. Windchill -25 to -30 possible.#Ottawa http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on41#onrm53-498cwto-045420 …

The Sens - as a business organization - continue to line their pockets with yet another weekend afternoon game. You see, by keeping the games in the afternoon they are not controlled by CBC's HNIC and, so the Sens are then able to sell their games to SportsNet. Clever Sens. Empty seats be damned.

The Kings are on a bit of a roll after steamrolling past the (up-to-that-point hot-as-hell) Habs and then dominating the plummeting Leafs. Overall the Kings are on their season-best five-game winning streak, while the Sens are currently tied for their season's third-best one-game winning streak. On paper this is not going to be pretty.

I'm going to cut this GDT short because I've got to go drive my kid to work and, really, what more could I say that we haven't already said in the last few days/weeks: the Sens are consistently inconsistent and have not gotten on any kind of roll; Anderson was the Andy of old on Thursday so for all we know PMac will come back with Lehner; Spezza is still struggling and to help him along Condra appears to be taking a turn on the revolving door a.k.a. "Spezza's Wing"; practice lines will probably get shuffled 2 minutes into the pre-game warmups; rinse-and-repeat.

I guess all that's left to say is: Go Sens Go!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game Day previews:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400484731
http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013020488
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/scores/gameday/?hubname=nhl-senators

Bottom line: Kings have won 5 in a row giving up 5 goals in that stretch. Scrivens has been pretty good filling in for Quick (1.56/.943) but rookie Martin Jones has been even better going 4-0 with two shutouts to start his NHL career.

So, it's probably going to be a barn-burner, right? Last game between these two the Kings blew a 3-0 lead before winning on a PPG in OT. This time it'll probably be a 0-0 game going into the shootout.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cowen is serving the second game of his suspension, Methot is a game-time decision, and Phillips took a puck on the foot in practice yesterday. Good chance Ceci could get his second NHL game, against former team-mate Tyler Toffoli. Let's hope he doesn't feed him any breakaway passes just like the good old days.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, kind of apropos, as this is the "Snow Warning Edition" and all.  There hasn't been snow in Egypt in over 100 years.  Until now:

GDT: LA Kings @ Sens - Winter Snow Warning Edition - 2PM start!!! BbWkyAHCIAAsCnt

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/12/13/snow-egypt-middle-east_n_4438571.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Going to this one, excited for it and Christmas.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

This happened 12 years ago.  Andre Roy skates backwards into Potvin (who was outside his crease) and falls down.  Then as the play goes back up the ice Potvin gives him a bit of lumber as a farewell gift and that starts it all off.  Mair comes off the bench and gets 10 games, Hurme leaves his crease and ends up engaging Potvin.  But the cherry on top is Hurme, while tied up with Potvin, moving the fight over to the Sens' bench to get some help from White removing his trapper that was stuck on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

NEELY wrote:Going to this one, excited for it and Christmas.

Bring snow-shoes, the Winter Storm "watch" has been upgraded to a "warning" (although I'm still not clear on when it will arrive).

Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans
4:41 AM EST Saturday 14 December 2013
Winter storm warning for
Ottawa North - Kanata - Orléans upgraded from Winter storm watch

Significant snowfall and blowing snow expected this weekend.

A disturbance from the Southern Plains States is forecast to track northeast towards the Great Lakes. Latest indications suggest this low will follow a path across Central Ohio today to New England by Sunday morning.

Snow ahead of this disturbance has already reached Southwestern Ontario and will spread northeast into the remainder of Southern Ontario today. A total of 10 to 15 cm snowfall amounts are possible for many areas over Southwestern and South Central Ontario by tonight.

However, for areas around the west end of Lake Ontario including Hamilton and Burlington, cold easterly winds will pick up extra moisture from the relatively mild waters of the lake. Locally higher amounts of 15 to 25 cm are possible. In addition, strong and gusty easterly winds will develop ahead of this system with reduced visibilities in snow and blowing snow. For this reason, a winter storm warning has been issued for these regions. Also for areas around Ottawa to Cornwall snow will begin this evening, intensify during the overnight period and continue into Sunday. Total snowfall amounts of 15 to 25 cm with brisk winds reducing visibility in blowing snow are expected. Cold wind chills below minus 25 to 30 will also be an issue in Eastern Ontario.

Motorists should be prepared for poor winter driving conditions.

Please refer to your local public forecast for further details on expected snowfall amounts. Listen for updated watches and warnings.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Tickets for as low as $8:
http://www.vividseats.com/nhl-hockey/ottawa-senators-tickets/senators-vs-kings-12-14-1459774.html

Section 113 (to the left of home goal), row D $55. Might either see lots of spectacular saves or lots of goals.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

IceChips:

Marc Methot was absent from practice on Friday. He did not play Thursday night due to the flu. ... Chris Phillips left Friday's practice after taking a shot off the foot and did not return. ... Jared Cowen practiced Friday but will serve the last of his two game suspension Saturday vs the Kings. ... Cody Ceci is still with the team and practiced on Friday. - TSN

Friday's Practice Lines

Forwards:
MacArthur - Spezza - Condra
Conacher - Turris - Ryan
Michalek - Smith - Zibanejad
Greening - Pageau - Neil

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Vivid seats is the shiznit. Also it's colder than a polar bear's anus

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Injuries for the Kings:

Quick is on IR with a strained groin, but #2 Scrivens has the NHL's best SV%, and third-stringer rookie Martin Jones is even better at .974 with two shutouts in 4 games so far in his NHL career.

Oft-injured D Matte Greene is "questionable" with a UBI. He's got 47 hits in 15 games so far this season. If head played all of the games he'd be second on the team behind Brown and just ahead of Regher.

Center Colin Fraser will miss today's game with a concussion. He's got the lowest TOI per game on the team so I don't think they'll miss him that much.

Injuries/scratches for the Sens:

Cowen is serving the second game of his suspension.

Methot still has the flu and is questionable for today's game.

Phillips left practice Friday after taking a puck to the foot and did not return; nothing has been said by the club.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Play hard. Play 200'. Play 60 minutes. Finish your checks. Clear the garbage in front of Andy. Keep it simple.

GO SENS GO!!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:Vivid seats is the shiznit. Also it's colder than a polar bear's anus
Vivid eh? That would be awesome. A Vivid suite...

If you know what I mean.

http://vivid.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Michallica wrote:Vivid seats is the shiznit. Also it's colder than a polar bear's anus
Vivid eh? That would be awesome. A Vivid suite...

If you know what I mean.

http://vivid.com/

I'm afraid to click that.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ceci is in. I think Methot is still out, which means Corvo, playing his off-side, will be on the top pairing, again. But also means that Ceci will continue playing with Phillips.

You take the bad you take the good ... something, something ... the facts of life, the facts of life.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum