GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Back Alfie!!

+7
sandysensfan
SensHulk
NEELY
PTFlea
spader
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:36 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This deserves it's own thread. Alfie has decided to come back for one more season. It's all over the radio.

- Unknown Author

2Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:12 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Praise Alfie.

3Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Praise Alfie.

HappyDance1 NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy NotWorthy ALFIE!

4Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:36 pm

oh thank god Alfie!

5Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:51 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401935

Money was not a factor, as his contract was "front loaded" so that he will earn US$1 million next season on a deal that averaged $4.8 million per season.

"It's a non-issue for me," said Alfredsson, who spoke to general manager Bryan Murray about a one-year extension but decided against it.

Instead, he will play out this season and decide again next summer whether to keep going.

6Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bet you he plays in 13/14 as well. He seems to have really had a great summer of training. If we can avoid another concussion by someone no one piece of Dung, that would be fantastic and go a long ways towards having Alfie for a legitimate Cup drive (sort of).

7Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:56 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I think he plays 2 more seasons, I agree. He's too good and the year after this the Sens will be so close to really pushing for a cup.

8Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Exactly, if he was so-so this past year, then I'd say this might be it, but he was awesome and with the exception of Wolski and that tool Hagelin, he wouldn't even have taken a moment to contemplate retirement IMO.

9Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

If he plays in '13-'14, it'll be because of the olympics. Either way, I hope he does, he defi has it in him to play till he's 41.5

10Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:55 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Nothing else to say.. but... YES!!!

11Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:03 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:If he plays in '13-'14, it'll be because of the olympics. Either way, I hope he does, he defi has it in him to play till he's 41.5

If he plays an extra season because of the Olympics, because he wants a cup, or because he feels like he wants to take a dump at the ACC in the middle of the ice, I don't care. As long as he plays because he's still a top player in the NHL.

12Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:If he plays in '13-'14, it'll be because of the olympics. Either way, I hope he does, he defi has it in him to play till he's 41.5

I dunno if you can say it's because of the Olympics. The guy is a talented player who still can play at a very high level, add to that the Sens will be very competitive (hopefully) in the 13/14 season and I think you can make a solid case for him playing that extra year to take another legit chance at winning a Cup.

13Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:...or because he feels like he wants to take a dump at the ACC in the middle of the ice...

Laughing3 That would be a sight to see.

14Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:30 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Be better than the actual Dung they put on the ice now.

15Welcome Back Alfie!! Empty Re: Welcome Back Alfie!! Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:34 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I think he plays 2 more seasons, I agree. He's too good and the year after this the Sens will be so close to really pushing for a cup.

If everything goes right or we sign Corey Perry July 1st, 2013 then yeah.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum